Username: Password:

Author Topic: Tell me about this 1981 WashburnHB35  (Read 907 times)

Offline JCzuR

• View Profile
Tell me about this 1981 WashburnHB35
« on: February 19, 2016, 12:10:20 AM »
Hey, been looking for a 335 copy for a few months now. I have tried out the Ibanez AS93 and the Epiphone Sheraton. Thought that the Ibanez's neck didn't feel right, however I did quite like the Sharaton. As I have read through forums about the "best 335 copy", I saw many people mention 1980s Washburns as being similar build quality to Gibson's. I own an 80s Tokai strat and an Edwards Les Paul, so I definitely love the quality that comes out of Japan. A Washburn popped up CL today and have since setup a meeting this weekend. Just wondering if anyone has an 1980s Washburn, they could shed a little light onto some of the specs like of the neck fells, what the frets are like, do the tone knobs need upgrading, how would describe the pickups, just a little review would be greatly appreciated. Furthermore, any comparisons to any of 335 copies (like the ones mention aboved) would be appreciated for further info. Here are some pics (ad says it is a 81' string through the body), thanks for your comments. http://imgur.com/a/CCPOT

Offline cedwards

• View Profile
Re: Tell me about this 1981 WashburnHB35
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2016, 02:25:58 PM »
Seize the Fish
WG2S, D10SCE, WI45, JM300S, Lyon L115
'70s Univox LP Copy

Offline JCzuR

• View Profile
Re: Tell me about this 1981 WashburnHB35
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2016, 07:18:38 PM »
I'm looking less for the info on where it was made and serial numbers. And more of how it plays and sounds. If you could link another thread of a review of these 80s HB35s, that would be awesome, however; I have been having a hard time finding someone talk in detail about them