Username: Password:

Author Topic: Akron/Cleveland OH area  (Read 4404 times)

Offline adol_Ivxx

• View Profile
Akron/Cleveland OH area
« on: May 09, 2005, 09:38:05 AM »
Looking for any and all types/styles of musicians to jam with. Basically, I'm into any type of music that's good... I'm somewhere around the level of an intermediate guitar player. I took piano for 13 years from when I was 5 years old, so I'm pretty good with anything that has piano-type keys. (Keyboards, Synths, etc). I am also into electronic dance music, and I've been spinning (DJing) for eight years   or so now. I have 2xtechnics 1200 MK2s and a TON of vinyl. I also find that I am rather good at knob twiddling, which is why I like to play synths with are more analog style. For ex. my fav. right now is my Korg MS2000 virtual analog synth... I also sing fairly well... just about the only thing I haven't really messed with yet is drumming. Although I do have a Roland Handsonic HP-15, so I can play with my hands   and not with sticks...

Anyone, I'm tired of typing; if you live anywhere NEAR Akron, OH and you'd like to get together to jam, play music, have fun, etc... I'm pretty much open to anything that might sound good with regards to music style and such. Come one come all...

aDoL

Offline Russell Sova

• View Profile
Akron/Cleveland OH area
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2005, 12:59:39 PM »
I play bass and live near Cleveland. I'd like to get a jazz thing going. I'm 49 and have played off and on for....gets out calculator...a long time.
no frets?

Offline Russell Sova

• View Profile
Akron/Cleveland OH area
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2005, 01:01:55 PM »
Sorry I didn't check this out sooner. Busy in summer.
no frets?

Offline adol_Ivxx

• View Profile
Akron/Cleveland OH area
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2005, 05:19:01 PM »
Sorry it took so long for me to notice/reply.

Sure, I'm up for whatever... if it's jazz, I think it'd be best if I played the piano (keyboard, whatever)... although I guess that would all depend on what kind of jazz you're talking about, really... I just thought piano since that's what I'm best at and when someone wants to play jazz, they seem to want you to know what you're doing moreso than in other styles of music... ;)
Usually, I'll know that I'm playing jazz when it sounds like jazz.

That was meant to be a joke.

And THAT was meant to be an explanation. Nuff said....