Username: Password:

Author Topic: washburn force 10 abt bass  (Read 794 times)

Offline wwagmeister

• View Profile
washburn force 10 abt bass
« on: April 05, 2016, 03:11:25 AM »
hi guys, i have an ABT bass from the mid 1990s that i adore, however this guitar has given up the ghost on the electrics and has become very difficult to record due to a lot of eart buzzes, and the active eq pot is stuck on . i now intend to replace all the pots and jack socket as i have cleaned them many times,but to no avail, question is
Where can i locate an active/passive switchable eq pot, and other pots based in the UK and what is the critical info i nedd prior to ordering them (size, resistance in K?)
Any tips on earthing this guitar to reduce buzz?
Many thanks

Offline psp742

• buy, upgrade, learn to play.. yup!!!
    • View Profile
    • www.squier-talk.com
Re: washburn force 10 abt bass
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2016, 06:22:41 AM »
Hello wwagmeister,

Im not an authority on Washburn but are you referring to Force ABT B10?  If I remember correctly, it was made in Japan during the 80s, I own a Force ABT B30 (electronics work fine).  Since you state you were able to play it without buzz before, and you clean the pots.  May I ask what electronic cleaning product you used.  I recommend only electronic contact cleaning fluids (I bought some at a Radio Shack store), if you use the wrong product, you might have messed it up instead of clear it.  WD40  is not a contact cleaner (not recommended for electronic), it is for lubrication purposes.
88 Force ABT B-30 MR
90 Festival EA20B
94 Bantam XB600 BkFlam
96 Bantam XB400 Bttrsctch
97 Maverick BT-4 Tobaccobrst
98 Maverick BTM MR/DMB
98 Bantam XB-500 Bk
98 Maverick BT-6 MtlFlkBk
01 RB2000 Bk
04 WG587 MR
05 Xseries X-33 Bk
05 Idol WI64 Bk