Washburn General Forum > Guitar Care, Repair, Modification & Lutherie

Wiring diagram

(1/1)

Spare Ribs:
Hello,
I have a 1979 Wing Series Hawk. I am looking the wiring diagram for this particular guitar as it seems to have been modified. The two volume controls are push pull pots. I am not sure this was standard wiring. Someone also replaced one of the pickups.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

carl300367:
push pull pots were standard on the Falcon and Eagle so for a Hawk it's a reasonable mod - why not leave it ?

Tony Raven:
Actually, I kinda side with Carl on this one.

If the wiring functions, & works as you want, that's a GOOD thing, particularly in a guitar that's 37 years old. If the wiring is well-done, that's even better.

There's little point in "restoring" these guitars. With cosmetics at Near Mint or Excellent, the Matsumoku Hawks have been selling for about $450, & that often includes original fitted case. If the wiring were entirely redone with aftermarket pickups, it'd still be worth about $450. (I mean, Washburn fans aren't like Gibson/Fender nutballs who expect every little detail to be "original spec.") Personally, I think they're worth significantly more, comparing favorably to guitars selling for twice as much, but there's simply not much demand.

psp742:
if the non-original humbucker isn't half bad, why not keep it.. specially if it was done well, and since it would be hard to get hold of the original pickup..  if you also have the original pickup.. that is a different story altogether.  It is your guitar, so if the idea is selling the guitar, changing the pickup to stock doesn't affect the overall value, unless you want to keep the non-original pickup (what brand is it?),  like what was said.. Washburn fans aren't too fussy..  The value doesn't reflect the quality..  although some people are starting to notice catch on. I upgraded the frets and nut on my T-bird and i couldn't be happier with the results..  i won't sell her, i could have added coil-split to the neck (same as deluxe model) but i like the guitar as is.  weird of me since most of my guitars with humbucker get coil-split via push-pull linear B500 pots MiJ..   

telecode101:
Hi, I am in a similar situation. I have a 70s Falcon and I want to upgrade the pickups to SD humbuckers.

I installed the humbukers and opened the back and I saw all the circuit board stuff and got lost.

Would anyone have some diagrams or schematics or advice how to wire the pickups on this one?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version