Username: Password:

Author Topic: Bridge for my used new purchase Washburn bass  (Read 527 times)

Offline MkDinMan

• View Profile
Bridge for my used new purchase Washburn bass
« on: August 19, 2016, 08:03:13 PM »
I recently purchased a used Washburn SB40EQ, so it says in a relative way on the truss rod cover on the headstock. Someone removed the original bridge for some stUPid reason and replaced it with a Gotoh bridge. I'm all about keeping things original, especially on a beautiful vintage instrument as this. Can someone direct me to where I can find an original bridge for this beaut? Thanks much!  :D

Offline Tony Raven

• View Profile
Re: Bridge for my used new purchase Washburn bass
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2016, 10:54:53 PM »
There's really no good reason to "restore" an SB-40. It's a very nice bass, but unlikely to fetch $500, & that's with original case.

That said, the original bridge looks similar to what's on the XB-400 & others. You should be able to buy such a bass for $200 or less.

If that's not an option, & you absolutely need a "Washburn" bridge, then you'll have to watch eBay & Reverb.com. Washburn has never maintained much in the way of parts, & lessso in recent years.
M1SDL; XB-400 (natural), XB-400 (burg), XB-500 (teal); X-10, X-33; D46CESP, WCSD30SCE; BT-3, BT-4, BT-6, JB-80; WS-4; WI-66V; Lyon LCT24; OS Autoharps

resident troublemaker: http://forum.frugalguitarist.com/