Username: Password:

Author Topic: HELP, Please!!!  (Read 902 times)

Offline clasaxe

• View Profile
HELP, Please!!!
« on: September 18, 2016, 02:34:59 PM »
I've got what I believe to be a 1984 Washburn Stage Series BBR A?......  It has the correct Black and Red finish, with the Red lettering on the headstock and the red dot fret markers.  It also has the USA Kahler Flyer trem, 3 knobs (2 volume, 1 tone) and a 3 way selector switch located behind the trem.  It is a bolt on neck with the serial number located on the neck plate (843791).  It doesn't have a back trem plate, rather it is a string-through body style loading up and into the Kahler.  I've scoured the internet in search of any definite info on this guitar and I can't find ANYTHING..... Any help that any of you could provide would be very greatly appreciated.   Thanks.

Offline aircooled1

• Appreciate the moment...
    • View Profile
Re: HELP, Please!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2016, 10:27:19 PM »
I don't really have much spec info to share, but it's a 1984 A-5V-BBR Stage Series.  V stands for vibrato.  It has a mahogany body and maple neck.  It was made in Japan by Matsumoku.  The following link just has the listed $499 retail price from 1984.  The site is missing other info on it.  Hopefully knowing the correct model helps a little with your info search. 

http://www.matsumoku.org/models/washburn/catalogs/84_pl/84_pl_pg2_web.jpg.html
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 11:57:28 PM by aircooled1 »