Username: Password:

Author Topic: Is Washburn a reliable and good acoustic guitar brand?  (Read 297 times)

Offline Darryncosta

• View Profile
Is Washburn a reliable and good acoustic guitar brand?
« on: December 24, 2018, 12:09:24 PM »
This Christmas, I'm aiming towards buying an acoustic guitar. I'm an avid player and usually play when there's nothing else to do and I would say I'm okay I guess...  Over the few months I've been searching for a good acoustic, going to Guitar Center, pawn shops, and local music stores and the ones that have come forth to my attention have been mostly Washburn. They sound fantastic and have an great sting height from the neck and I'm very pleased, since I have not heard of such brand. Showbox Tutuapp Vidmate

What do you think?
« Last Edit: December 25, 2018, 09:18:13 AM by Darryncosta »

Offline Tony Raven

• View Profile
Re: Is Washburn a reliable and good acoustic guitar brand?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2019, 01:26:13 PM »
Well, overlooking that this post is mostly an underhanded way of sneaking your ad in... ::)

Yes, Washburns tend to be among the most reliable inexpensive guitars on the market. Their quality control can be irregular but is generally good. I often use the word workmanlike.

If you absolutely must have a new guitar, it's likely to need initial adjustment (nut, neck, bridge), which ought to be done by a skilled repair tech if you've never done it yourself.

Used guitars are often a much better value. The instrument has already been "broken in," nothing is falling off, and some adjustment has likely been done. Basic Washburn acoustics with "solid wood" tops (D-10S, D-11S, D-12S, etc.) are so common that prices are low, often significantly less than a new guitar, and years later can be resold for what you paid if you decide to move along or upgrade.

M1SDL; XB-400 (natural), XB-400 (burg), XB-500 (teal); X-10, X-33; D46CESP, WCSD30SCE; BT-3, BT-4, BT-6, JB-80; WS-4; WI-66V; Lyon LCT24; OS Autoharps

resident troublemaker: http://cheapguitars.boards.net/