Username: Password:

Author Topic: Washburn acoustic guitars at well under 50% of retail price!  (Read 2503 times)

Offline YerDugliness

• Pearl, TX jams at: www.pearlbluegrass.com/
    • View Profile
Washburn acoustic guitars at well under 50% of retail price!
« on: October 07, 2016, 07:00:51 PM »
For those of you who may have your heart set on a new Washburn, I'd suggest you check out World Music Supply. They are offering some of the higher end acoustics at well under what is normally "street price", which is usually about 60% of MSRP, such as a WSJ50SKElite (with either a solid spruce soundboard or a solid cedar soundboard), complete with case, for 28% of MSRP.

I have no idea if WMS is an authorized Washburn dealer, so you might want to check that out. It makes a difference...no warranty if you don't buy it from an authorized dealer.

It's a Columbus Day special, so probably a very limited time frame for the offer.

BTW...I have no connection with WMS, just noticed their specials while I was surfing for other musical gear.

Good luck!

Cheers!

Dugly 8) 
YerDugliness,Esq./Post No Bills
Guitar Playin' FOOL, attempting to age disgracefully!
Washburns:WD32SW,D61SW,D62SW,C124SWK,
WMJ21S(2),WGO26SCE,WSJ60SKELITE,WG26S (2).
Other fine acoustics:Breedlove custom shop 000,Hippner #506 Hauser,Takamini 2005 LTD,Epi Masterbilt AJ500RC

Offline Tony Raven

• View Profile
Re: Washburn acoustic guitars at well under 50% of retail price!
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2016, 12:17:58 AM »
Here's their Washburn selection: https://www.worldmusicsupply.com/washburn.html

I've made a few purchases from WMS, & they certainly seem legit.

Far as I can tell, the "deep discount" items are generally closeouts, & the listings are marked as such. They might be floor demos, or manufacturer closeouts, or the last two or three WMS intends to sell, so they're being cleared out at a little above their original cost. (J&R Camera -- JR.com -- used to do this all the time, as they were a mind-bogglingly HUGE New York electronics store.)

I have a Randall RT50H amp I got from WMS for significantly less than Musician's Friend wanted. It was a one-time thing, an item they'd used in a trade-show display, so technically couldn't be sold as "new." The listing said it had some scrapes to the vinyl skin, but in truth I think I did greater damage just unpacking it. :( Everything was perfect, including the box & foam.

And, of course, shipping is free (in conUS) & there's no sales tax.

And watch for COUPONS. Like, take this maple-fretboard Woodcraft Series WCSD30SCEK --
https://www.worldmusicsupply.com/washburn-wcsd30scek-solid-sitka-spruce-top-zebrawood-back-sides-bridge-headstock-cap-and-pickguard-fishman-tuner-preamp-acoustic-electric-guitar-with-gig-bag
MSRP $800, decently priced at $480... but if you enter the coupon code WoodCraft it plummets to $250.

:o
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 12:21:14 AM by Tony Raven »
M1SDL; XB-400 (natural), XB-400 (burg), XB-500 (teal); X-10, X-33; D46CESP, WCSD30SCE; BT-3, BT-4, BT-6, JB-80; WS-4; WI-66V; Lyon LCT24; OS Autoharps

resident troublemaker: http://cheapguitars.boards.net/

Offline Tony Raven

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2016, 12:46:40 AM »
Well, thanks a BLOODY lot!! >:(

After it bothered at me all evening, what with the zebrawood back/sides & all, of course I simply HAD to have that D30...  :-[

...bt at least I can verify that the coupon codes do work as promised.

And the good news continues: not only is the D30 still listed (suggesting there's one or two still about), most of the 138 Washburn items they carry have coupons. Okay, maybe not for a LOT -- I mean, if you're going to buy an N4, $25 is a mere 1% off!!

Here's a fairly typical WMS item description --
The WD910SNS Was a Special Close Out Buy WMS bought from Washburn.  The WD910S was a European Model of the WD10S.  Same guitar, but with the export model number. They had a batch of them that we bought at a special price and are offering them up at a substantial savings compared to the WD10S which is the same guitar from the same assembly line, however the Natural finish version is a hand rubbed satin finish.

M1SDL; XB-400 (natural), XB-400 (burg), XB-500 (teal); X-10, X-33; D46CESP, WCSD30SCE; BT-3, BT-4, BT-6, JB-80; WS-4; WI-66V; Lyon LCT24; OS Autoharps

Offline YerDugliness

• Pearl, TX jams at: www.pearlbluegrass.com/
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2016, 06:11:35 PM »
Gotta LOVE zebra-wood! IIRC it was one of those tonewoods in the "rare wood" series that first attracted my attention to Washburn...it is gorgeous!!

Cheers, Tony...great choice!

You're BLOODY well welcome   ;D

Dugly 8)
YerDugliness,Esq./Post No Bills
Guitar Playin' FOOL, attempting to age disgracefully!
Washburns:WD32SW,D61SW,D62SW,C124SWK,
WMJ21S(2),WGO26SCE,WSJ60SKELITE,WG26S (2).
Other fine acoustics:Breedlove custom shop 000,Hippner #506 Hauser,Takamini 2005 LTD,Epi Masterbilt AJ500RC

Offline Tony Raven

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2016, 02:49:30 PM »
Wow -- they aren't messing around at WMS. :o

I ordered the D-30 late 10/12, like midnight so call it officially 10/13.

They said "two to seven days" for free shipping. Cool. 8) However, I'm waaaay out in the weeds in a small town in northwest Minnesota -- if there's a bright center to the universe, this isn't the furthest away, but it's still a long drive. ;) We just assume that stuff will take 3-5 days longer to get here. So, call it a week or maybe two, right?

I got home from work yesterday -- that'd be 10/15 -- & it was sitting on my porch.

???

GOOD NEWS -- the WCSD30SCEK coupon is still available!!!

I'll give it a review elsewhere, but for the moment let me goggle a little more.

:o   :o   :o

;D

Firstly, the Fishman (301T rig) not only had a battery in it, but apparently with a full charge. I tuned it up & fell in love.

The action is possibly THE BEST that I've ever found on a fresh-from-the-box acoustic. The B.C. Rich "Series 3" I have (street $300) arrived with the nut & bridge halfway to unplayable.

It smells a little like Elmer's Glue, so it's probably not been sitting unloved in some warehouse for years -- now I really need to spend some time "playing it in" to ensure its tone develops properly.

That spruce top has a great tone (well, duh) but also plenty of bark to it. While I really do prefer my old guitars for unplugged events -- less to go wrong if a little rain happens -- this D-30 could wind up being played to death over many happy years.

And while the zebrawood doesn't really seem to add tone, I betcha it keeps the resale value high.

FWIW, the bridgeplate & pickguard really ARE made from solid (not laminate) zebra.

While I was expecting a craptastic black vinyl gigbag, what actually shows up is a VERY nice light-bluish-grey bag (with navy appointments) & script Washburn printed across the lower book-sized pocket.

The lining is very dense foam &, while not so safe as an actual case, certainly gives the guitar a LOT of protection from casual bumps & dings.

It's a round-bottom, which some might find a small downer, but no problem for me (especially as I tend to lean my bags anyway).

And the shoulder straps are permanent. Though I can see the utility of clip-on straps, the fact is the hardware is almost always plastic, which WILL eventually get stepped on or slammed in a door or something if not just fall apart with age, & I used to lose 'em all the time anyway. The only thing I miss is that it doesn't have a finger loop at the back of the headstock, something I really appreciate (on a few of my bags) for maneuvering through a crowded area like backstage.

Overall, it is at least comparable to the branded bag currenly on the market ($39, Musician's Friend), but that's a generic "all large acoustics" bag & the one I have is closely fitted for a dreadnought, so no "sloshing around" -- if pressed, I'd guess it's more comparable to at least their Dean bag ($40.40) if not the Road Runner ($60), but in any case a welcome "gimme" for a low-midrange axe. A very nice bonus for a $480 guitar, & big win @ $250.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 03:00:06 PM by Tony Raven »

Offline psp742

• buy, upgrade, learn to play.. yup!!!
    • View Profile
    • www.squier-talk.com
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2016, 10:36:02 PM »
nice acoustic... i paid $250 for my Comfort Series WCG18CE, they were offering it cheap so i bought it. :)  i got a hardcase grey (which i switched on my 90's Festival EA20b to it ..
Force 84 ABT B-30 MR
Festival 90 EA20B
Billy T 94 Bk
Bantam 96 XB400 Bttrsctch, 98 XB500 Bk, 94 XB600 BkFlam
Maverick  98 BTM MR/MB, 97 BT3 Rd, BT-4 Tobacobrst, 97 BT-6 MtlFlkBk
01 RB2000 Bk
04 WG587 MR
X-series 05 X-33 Bk
Idol 05 WI36 Bk, 05 WI64 Bk
Comfort 14 WCG18CE Na
Wing 84 T-bird Tobacobrst

Offline woodrat

• ragtime & blues fingerpicking
    • View Profile
    • U-tube acoustic blues guitar clips
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2016, 11:35:31 PM »
I'm another cedar-top fan.  Just ordered this cedar WSJ60s (cocobolo) from WMS.  I've jumped on their discounts previously, and with the case, well, time to get a slope-shoulder for my git family... I assume these are close-outs, and may presage extinction of this line (eg WG26s ?). So, already collectable ....cheers, Rick
WSJ60s, WG26s, WJ45s, WGO26s,  WMJ21s, R320swrk,  D18, Tak F400-12, others...