Username: Password:

Author Topic: still making N24 vintage?  (Read 853 times)

Offline wafa

• View Profile
still making N24 vintage?
« on: November 20, 2016, 11:44:26 AM »
Hi,

original N2 owner here.

Recently got the 'N' bug and want to get an n24.
Wrote to washburn, no reply. I did get an email from USMC after complaining of no correspondence on washburn twitter page.

I was told they still make them, linked to the washburn site (thanks) and told that any uk dealer could get one.

Next, every uk dealer i spoke to said that the product does not exist, has no stock code, and the uk distributor cannot get it.

I have seen new ones floating around on indonesian auction sites. None will ship to uk.

Washburn seems to have gone under afaik. Seems easier just to go get a luthier to make an N4 replica atm. (i don't even want/need to mention the scourge of aliexpress).

I really WTB this guitar.

Can any shed any light on this?

Offline Tony Raven

• View Profile
Re: still making N24 vintage?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2016, 12:18:27 AM »
Customer service does NOT appear to have improved under new ownership. ???

Though it may just be some sort of supply glitch, this is also how it looks when Washburn is closing out a particular model -- it drops off the pricelists bit by bit, & while some retailers know a distributor or wholesaler who has one or two, it's not commonly available & can no longer be ordered from USMC.

Here in the States, Musician's Friend says it's "no longer available."

Sweetwater says they're out but "More On The Way."

The Amazon.com seller listing says "Temporarily out of stock."

Per GearNuts.com:
Backordered
This has an unusually long delivery time. More expected on Thursday, January 5.
Two major dealers claim to have it in stock & ready to ship --
http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/Washburn-N24VINTAGEK-Electric-Nuno-Series-Guitar-Stephen-s-Extended-Cutaway-Vintage-Satin-Finish-WAS12-N24VINTAGEK
https://beatstreetmusic.com/products/washburn-nuno-bettencourt-n24-vintage-electric-guitar
M1SDL; XB-400 (natural), XB-400 (burg), XB-500 (teal); X-10, X-33; D46CESP, WCSD30SCE; BT-3, BT-4, BT-6, JB-80; WS-4; WI-66V; Lyon LCT24; OS Autoharps

resident troublemaker: http://forum.frugalguitarist.com/

Offline eajase

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2016, 10:21:04 AM »
I bought one recently from guitar guitar in Birmingham (think it was a NOS 2014 model) - they had another in stock plus a swamp ash version as well but that's three months back - worth a call though... :D

Offline eajase

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2016, 01:12:53 PM »
I bought one recently from guitar guitar in Birmingham (think it was a NOS 2014 model) - they had another in stock plus a swamp ash version as well but that's three months back - worth a call though... :D
my bad  I read as N4 not N24! Sorry!

Offline todd5789

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2017, 10:12:37 AM »
I think production has stopped on the n24's. i guess it didnt sell well enough for washburn to continue making them? who knows. however i was able to nab one on ebay brand new with a gig bag for 600 dollars free shipping about 6 months ago. in fact its still for sale. however its the vintage edition so the wood is paler than the nuno maple looking color. but still same guitar with the stephens cutaway. headstock says it was manufactured in 2016 and its from indonesia. i have an n2 from korea and to be honest, the neck is easier to use and have easier access to the higher frets. the stephens cutaway on the n24 is kinda awkward as your tendency is to wrap your thumb around the neck. not keep it behind the neck and then change your hand position mid solo thus leading to f ups. and it starts at the 15th fret. most guitar cutaways don't start til the 16th or 17th fret of the guitar so its easier to reach upper frets. so the n24 to me is an acquired taste. i would say play it first before buying if you can because i only see the stephens extended cutaway being handy if you're playing live and hanging your guitar down to your knees like nuno does. then, it may help but other than that to me its kind of useless.