Username: Password:

Author Topic: D32S  (Read 764 times)

Offline Gitguy

• View Profile
D32S
« on: December 12, 2016, 08:39:48 PM »
I just acquired a beautiful D32S which is stamped in large letters on a brace. There is no serial number on the neck block which confuses me...no other numbers anywhere on the guitar. It has Macassar back sides but it does not have dots on the fretboard like the 88-94 pdf archives say. It has snowflake pearl as fret markers and also a fleur de lis pearl on the headstock. Can you guys help me figure out the year?? Plays beautifully and the top has aged nicely meaning the color of the wood... Darker than other cedar tops I've seen

Offline evenkeel

• View Profile
Re: D32S
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2016, 09:32:18 AM »
This is the info I have

D30 S (FIRST VERSION)
- dreadnought style, solid cedar top, round soundhole, bound body, three-stripe purfling, five-stripe rosette, rosewood back/sides, mahogany neck, 14/20-fret rosewood  fingerboard with herringbone/snowflake inlay, bound headstock with three-per-side chrome diecast tuners, rosewood bridge with pearl dot white pins and bone saddle, tortoise pickguard, available in Natural finish, mfg.
1978-early 1980s.
Grading 100% Excellent Average
N/A $375 - 450 $200 - 250

D32 S
- Similar to D30S, except has Macassar back/sides, bound fingerboard/headstock, Macassar veneer on peghead, mfg. late 1980s-1994.
Grading 100% Excellent Average
N/A $350 - 425 $200 - 250
Last MSR was $800.

Typically a Washburn w/o a serial # is a factory sample or a prototype.  The specs on these guitars often vary a bit from the production version.  You cannot date these guitars accurately so mid to late 80's is probably as close as you'll get.