Username: Password:

Author Topic: What age is my EA45s ?  (Read 1134 times)

Offline Jockstrat

• View Profile
What age is my EA45s ?
« on: December 24, 2016, 09:01:05 AM »
Hi, just joined. Thanks for accepting me !
I recently bought an EA45s on eBay. It was in a pretty sorry state, apparently having been lying about in a Barcelona recording studio.
I've cleaned it up, re-strung it and adjusted the truss rod a bit and it's playing really well acoustically.
Pick up seems really weak. I've just got to fit a new nut and it should be a beautiful guitar ( tone is fantastic ) really impressed with it !
Can anyone shed any light on it's age ? The back of the controls say ( made in Japan ).
Serial number inside the guitar reads : N81216.
Also inside the guitar, on the base of the neck, there are the numbers  :   424055,
and the letter " K "  underneath the numbers.
I'm not sure how to upload images, but will try to post some photos if I am able !
Thanks in advance for any help.
Cheers.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2016, 03:33:33 PM by Jockstrat »

Offline 92D-17CES/WR

• View Profile
Re: What age is my EA45s ?
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2017, 05:13:52 AM »
The serial number would suggest that your guitar was made in 1942, if that is the case than I urge you to treat that guitar with great care and respect as few last half as long as that.

ship of fools

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2017, 08:50:24 AM »
no its not 1942 Washburn did not exist during that time period 1988 is about the right time, nice guitar and if you can get the pick up working properly should get some grest playing out of it.

Offline Jockstrat

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2017, 01:00:54 PM »
Got a reply back from Washburn !
See below :
This guitar is of Japanese origin and serial number would indicate 1981 build.  This is what we called the Tanglewood series.  I owned one until child #1 was on the way! It was a bulletproof great sounding instrument!