Username: Password:

Author Topic: Maverick BT-2 Pickup Rewire PLEASE HELP  (Read 506 times)

Offline jcwdesigns

• View Profile
Maverick BT-2 Pickup Rewire PLEASE HELP
« on: January 03, 2017, 05:03:03 PM »
I am rewiring my BT-2 with the stock pickups. They have 2 wires instead of 4 and I canNOT get them to work and I can't find a valid wiring diagram to follow. I'm getting REALLY frustrated with it. I didn't document how it was hooked up before I tore it down, which I've now learned from that mistake.

Can someone PLEASE let me know how this thing works? It's my first attempt at all this, and it's driving me crazy. I have a 3 Way toggle, a master volume and a master tone. When I look at my master volume it looks like there are two wires that I trimmed from the back, but I don't know how that could have worked if the wires have to feed to the toggle switch.

Anyone who could help me I would really appreciate it, because I'm befuddled.

thanks!

Offline psp742

• buy, upgrade, learn to play.. yup!!!
    • View Profile
    • www.squier-talk.com
Re: Maverick BT-2 Pickup Rewire PLEASE HELP
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2017, 08:49:26 PM »
This should work.. note that in the original K-10 pickups there are two wires.. the hot and the ground wire.

Someone asked about wiring schematics for BT-2 - http://forums.washburn.com/index.php?topic=23300.0
BT-2 is the same as BTM mini, but i didn't take picture of original wiring.. i did take picture of the mods i did

two B500k Linear push-pull pots MiJ to individually coil-split the bridge or neck humbucker, one 3-way switch MiK
88 Force ABT B-30 MR
90 Festival EA20B
94 Bantam XB600 BkFlam
96 Bantam XB400 Bttrsctch
97 Maverick BT-4 Tobaccobrst
98 Maverick BTM MR/DMB
98 Bantam XB-500 Bk
98 Maverick BT-6 MtlFlkBk
01 RB2000 Bk
04 WG587 MR
05 Xseries X-33 Bk
05 Idol WI64 Bk
05 Idol WI36 Bk
14 WCG18CE Na
84 Wing T-bird Brwnbrst

Offline Tony Raven

• View Profile
Re: Maverick BT-2 Pickup Rewire PLEASE HELP
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2017, 10:54:05 PM »
I'll be blunt: two pickups, one toggle, Volume, Tone. It's prety much the simplest common config.

Two pickup leads: hot & ground. Aside from some rather arcane setups, all grounds are common -- that is, they are all wired together at some point -- & can be ignored after that.

The standard guitar toggle switch chooses neck OR both OR bridge pickups. Usually has three solder lugs; think of the center as "output" that runs to one potentiometer or the other.The other lugs each get one of the pickup hots.

There's diagrammes all over the internet so long as you don't obsess about a particular model. For instance --

M1SDL; XB-400 (natural), XB-400 (burg), XB-500 (teal); X-10, X-33; D46CESP, WCSD30SCE; BT-3, BT-4, BT-6, JB-80; WS-4; WI-66V; Lyon LCT24; OS Autoharps

resident troublemaker: http://forum.frugalguitarist.com/