Username: Password:

Author Topic: Like many, trying to find info for my Delta king  (Read 266 times)

Offline J.R. Brown

• View Profile
Like many, trying to find info for my Delta king
« on: January 25, 2017, 01:45:15 PM »
I have searched before asking and to no avail. Please if someone could help me it would be great.
Model, OE- 30/Bk. Serial # SI03100442

Online YerDugliness

• Pearl, TX jams at: www.pearlbluegrass.com/
    • View Profile
Re: Like many, trying to find info for my Delta king
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2017, 02:58:09 PM »
Welcome, J.R.!

Washburn has a sordid history regarding serial numbers...some are 4 characters long, some 5, some 6, might even be some 7 character serial numbers...we do have a group of experts who can positively identify some information from the serial numbers, so if I am wrong on some of what I will tell you, I hope they'll come on and correct me.

From your serial number I can tell (I think) that your guitar was made in Samick, Indonesia (that's the "SI" part of the serial number), and is most likely a 2003 build (the "03" MIGHT mean 2003, but it could also mean 2000, depending on what sequencing system Washburn was using at the time)...for some serial numbers the first number helps pin the year, for some longer serial numbers it's the first two digits...I'll hope our experts chime in.

The Delta King is a product of the parent company of Washburn, but it is an Oscar Schmidt product. Oscar Schmidt is Washburn's entry level line of instruments, perhaps they are best known for their autoharps, but they produce a wide variety of instruments, including hollow body jazz guitars like your Delta King. When I say OS is the "entry level line", I don't want you to think that's a bad thing, the OS line is generally well made and are priced quite reasonably, they may just not have all the bells and whistles that a Washburn has.

That's what little I can tell from the info you gave...have you tried the search function? I did and came up with 3 pages of hits...LOTS out there for Oscar Schmidt Delta King. The search function is on the light grey bar at the top of the page right below the word "Washburn".

We have a saying 'round here....pics or it didn't happen! Can you post pics? You'll need a photo hosting website, like Photobucket, and once you upload your photos onto the photo hosting site you just copy the IMG code and paste it into the body of your post. Like magic your photo will appear in your post and we'll all be able to see it..

Cheers!

Dugly 8)

YerDugliness,Esq./Post No Bills
Guitar Playin' FOOL 8)!
Retired twice, still attempting to age disgracefully!
Washburns:WD32SW,D61SW,C124SWK,WMJ21S(2),WGO26SCE, WMJ11S(now gifted)
Other fine acoustics:Breedlove custom shop 000,Darren Hippner #506 Hauser,Takamini 2005 LTD,Epi Masterbilt AJ500RC

Offline J.R. Brown

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2017, 06:48:21 PM »
Thank you and yes I did the search and yes it was made in Indonesia. Pics will follow after I get over the flu. I only ask the original question because I have been offered a tidy sum from 3 different people who have looked at it and played.
The big store's low ball me on questions about a trade, so it left me scratching my head.

Online YerDugliness

• Pearl, TX jams at: www.pearlbluegrass.com/
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2017, 07:49:16 PM »
I'm not surprised. Most of the upper level offerings from OS line are more desirable than the  lower level Washburn offerings. The people who played recognized a quality instrument, while all the music shops saw was an "off brand" piece that would be difficult to move because of limited public exposure. There would be scant profit, if any.

It sounds like a quality piece, I can hardly wait for the photos.

Hope you're over the flu soon...it's a miserable time of year to be ill.

Cheers!!

Dugly 8)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 07:52:45 PM by YerDugliness »
YerDugliness,Esq./Post No Bills
Guitar Playin' FOOL 8)!
Retired twice, still attempting to age disgracefully!
Washburns:WD32SW,D61SW,C124SWK,WMJ21S(2),WGO26SCE, WMJ11S(now gifted)
Other fine acoustics:Breedlove custom shop 000,Darren Hippner #506 Hauser,Takamini 2005 LTD,Epi Masterbilt AJ500RC