Username: Password:

Author Topic: SITE IS NO LONGER SECURE  (Read 393 times)

Offline ship of fools

• View Profile
SITE IS NO LONGER SECURE
« on: February 17, 2017, 08:36:41 AM »
be very careful as it seems they ARE NOT  spending a few dollars to secure the site anymore for the last 2 weeks this site shows as non secure.ship
Musician, Numismatic,
Retired and living the good life

Offline WEBgUy

• Forum Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.usmusiccorp.com
Re: SITE IS NO LONGER SECURE
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2017, 09:47:28 AM »
I'd be interested to know where this info is coming from. Our corporate security software shows nothing out of the ordinary.

Offline Tony Raven

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2017, 12:43:34 PM »
FWIW, I'm not gettingany flags.
M1SDL; XB-400 (natural), XB-400 (burg), XB-500 (teal); X-10, X-33; D46CESP, WCSD30SCE; BT-3, BT-4, BT-6, JB-80; WS-4; WI-66V; Lyon LCT24; OS Autoharps

resident troublemaker: http://forum.frugalguitarist.com/

Offline ship of fools

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2017, 10:32:26 AM »
simple every time I sign in it shows the site as not secure simple enough and no its not my system because all of my other sites show as secure Washburn is the only one that doesnt
Musician, Numismatic,
Retired and living the good life

Offline Scotthuron

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2017, 03:18:58 PM »
I have a blue mg 104 with hard case that i may be willing to part with for the right price if anyone is interested

Offline YerDugliness

• Pearl, TX jams at: www.pearlbluegrass.com/
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2017, 01:31:59 PM »
I'd be interested to know where this info is coming from. Our corporate security software shows nothing out of the ordinary.

2nd try...not sure where the first went...but I think I know where Ship may be getting his info, WEBgUy. Once you get into the forums, if you'll look on the "bar" at top where the URL is listed you should see at the far left side a small circle with what looks like an "i" inside of it. If you'll click on that circle you'll get a banner that says the website is not secure and lists a whole lot of "settings", some of which look like personal settings and some of which look more website/forum specific.

Just thought I'd let you know what I found.

Cheers!

Dugly 8)
YerDugliness, Esq./Post No Bills
Guitar Playin' FOOL 8) !!
Retired twice, still attempting to age disgracefully!
Washburns: WD32SW,D61SW,C124SWK,WMJ21S(2) WGO26SCE, WMJ11S (gifted)
Other fine acoustics: Breedlove custom shop 000, Darren Hippner #506 Hauser, Takamini 2005 LTD, Epi Masterbilt AJ500RC

Offline Tony Raven

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2017, 01:52:07 PM »
Looks more like a certificate problem, rather than any sort of malware risk. My system is set to flag malware, spyware, trackers, etc., & this site passes.

The site isn't HTTPS, & I don't think it's ever been. HTTP is considered "not secure" relative to HTTPS.

Page info says
Owner: This website does not supply ownership information
Verified by: Not specified
Then again, even though I remain logged in between sessions, page info also says
Have I visited this website prior to today? No
so grain-of-salt time.

Info winds up with
Connection Not Encrypted
The website forums.washburn.com does not support encryption for the page you are viewing.
Information sent over the Internet without encryption can be seen by other people while it is in transit.
If anyone feels a need to keep their conversations here hidden from casual snoopers -- the Feds have the keys, as do serious criminals -- then such business should be transacted under proper security.
M1SDL; XB-400 (natural), XB-400 (burg), XB-500 (teal); X-10, X-33; D46CESP, WCSD30SCE; BT-3, BT-4, BT-6, JB-80; WS-4; WI-66V; Lyon LCT24; OS Autoharps

resident troublemaker: http://forum.frugalguitarist.com/

Offline WEBgUy

• Forum Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.usmusiccorp.com
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2017, 02:48:22 PM »
Correct, Tony. The forum doesn't need to have a secure connection since there is no private or payment info stored here. This is the way the forum has always been set up.