Username: Password:

Author Topic: Searching for my first N series  (Read 94 times)

Offline beacolyte

• View Profile
Searching for my first N series
« on: March 06, 2017, 12:23:09 PM »
Hey gang,

New guy here. Recently sold my strat and my only other guitar is a chunky 10LB LP type.

Really miss my light and fast strat. loved that neck. Started looking for light natural look s type guitars with no guard and came across the n series and really love the look.

I am curious for some input from you guys. after lurking for a few days it appears the N4 is the target everyone is reaching for. I wish I could afford one. Was looking at the N1 and N2. Had a couple thoughts on those. Is the N2 the clear winner? I have seen people talking about older used N2s like they are more desirable. Should i hunt that down instead of a new N2?

Thanks guys! Can't wait to join the club.

Offline Tony Raven

• View Profile
Re: Searching for my first N series
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2017, 12:06:05 AM »
IMO, an N2 isn't really a Nuno -- all it has is the shape, no Extended Cutaway neck joint, so the ~$600 doesn't seem like a great investment.

Speaking for myself, if all I wanted was the shape, I'd get a Sonamaster ($120-$200) & upgrade the hardware to suit myself.

But to me a Nuno without an SEC is like a Les Paul with three single-coil pickups.

Though I hope to eventually get an N5, there's a decent-looking padauk N24 on Reverb, asking $599 shipped.
M1SDL; XB-400 (natural), XB-400 (burg), XB-500 (teal); X-10, X-33; D46CESP, WCSD30SCE; BT-3, BT-4, BT-6, JB-80; WS-4; WI-66V; Lyon LCT24; OS Autoharps

resident troublemaker: http://forum.frugalguitarist.com/