Username: Password:

Author Topic: So Long Washburn  (Read 192 times)

Offline ship of fools

• View Profile
So Long Washburn
« on: March 06, 2017, 04:04:41 PM »
Well for the very few left around here I am signing off as my medical condition no longer allows me to play anymore and with my recent TIA I cant trust myself to get all things right when giving info on Washburns old and newer. your ship of fools.........
Musician, Numismatic,
Retired and living the good life

Offline YerDugliness

• Pearl, TX jams at: www.pearlbluegrass.com/
    • View Profile
Re: So Long Washburn
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2017, 06:12:30 PM »
You will be sorely missed, Ship! For some time now you have been one of the few members who has a grasp on Washburn's historical workings, not to mention your knowledge regarding the older parlor guitars.

I wish you the best, buddy! Good luck (I had no idea you were experiencing multiple medical issues)!

Cheers to you, Ship!

Dugly 8)
YerDugliness, Esq./Post No Bills
Guitar Playin' FOOL 8) !!
Retired twice, still attempting to age disgracefully!
Washburns: WD32SW, D61SW, C124SWK, WMJ11S, WMJ21S (2) and WGO26SCE
Other fine acoustics: Breedlove custom 000 Revival, Darren Hippner #506 Hauser, Takamini 2005 LTD, Epi Masterbilt AJ500

Offline wrmurphy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2017, 06:51:38 PM »
Ship, sorry to hear about your failing health. I rarely participate in discussion but I rarely let a day go by without coming on site, I have to say that with the dwindling participation, I've always have read your comments. They were
helpful, informative and insightful in the history of Washburn guitars. I know your knowledge will be missed. I wish you good luck with the health problems and my prayers will be with you.  murph

Offline DaveTrees

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2017, 01:47:43 AM »
Like Murph above, I don't say a lot here but check the forum pretty much every day for the last few years ... and have always found your contributions informative.

Fair winds, sailor.

Offline cedwards

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2017, 09:44:33 AM »
Hey Ship, sad to hear. I certainly have appreciated your guidance and knowledge over the years. Fare well.
Seize the Fish
WG2S, D10SCE, WI45, JM300S, Lyon L115
'70s Univox LP Copy

Offline Toaster20

• Eat More Toast
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2017, 04:16:40 PM »
Best of luck to you Buddy.  I hope you read this and know that I'll never forget the good times we had.  Good health to you and your family!