Username: Password:

Author Topic: what is this guitar NX6 with a floyd? shadows fall?  (Read 241 times)

Offline BLKCHPL

• View Profile
what is this guitar NX6 with a floyd? shadows fall?
« on: March 20, 2017, 05:07:31 PM »
Hello,

I'm new to the forum and came in search of any info on this guitar like if its a custom one off and just a weird run of NX6's with a floyd. None of the catalogs show it...i just got in on trade. Not sure how or if i can upload images but i will email them direct to anybody that can help me find out what this guitars is and any history? my email is swanda@blackchapelguitars.com

Its looks like a NX6 minus the Floyd style trem unit, Has direct mount pickups, Plus it has a Bat on the end of the headstock?? not sure if that was added later or what but it looks like  just like the washburn decal material. Searched and found a photo of a guitar like it but it had pickup rings.

the Owner said something about the band Shadows fall when asked what the guitar was. This is second hand info to me since I didn't take it on trade.

Made in the USA serial number 0111029 
Paduk in the N4 Body shape
Regular Headstock (N4 Style)
Ebony board with MOP Dots
2 humbuckers without Rings (direct mounted) Seymour duncans
German Made floyd Rose schaller style.
Grover tuners.
3 way switch on lower horn.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 11:38:38 PM by BLKCHPL »

Offline Tony Raven

• View Profile
Re: what is this guitar NX6 with a floyd? shadows fall?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2017, 11:25:44 PM »
Customer Service --

http://www.washburn.com/info/contact/

So far as I can tell, the USA manufacturing operation was closed in 2012; there might be a small shop doing Nuno stuff, but it's nowhere near 180 jobs. Any records of the guitar's production might take Customer Service a while to locate.
M1SDL; XB-400 (natural), XB-400 (burg), XB-500 (teal); X-10, X-33; D46CESP, WCSD30SCE; BT-3, BT-4, BT-6, JB-80; WS-4; WI-66V; Lyon LCT24; OS Autoharps

resident troublemaker: http://forum.frugalguitarist.com/

Offline Dzigi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2017, 04:56:53 PM »
It could possibly be custom variation of X-81 Face Eraser, Jon Donais signature model. Description does not match ones I remember seeing but it could have been custom order. Upload picture to one of the hosting sites and then post IMG code here. Feel free to e-mail picture as well if that works better.

Offline BLKCHPL

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2017, 11:44:10 PM »

serial 0111029

means 2001?

Offline Dzigi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2017, 11:47:11 AM »
Definitely not X-81 Face Eraser. My best guess would be one of a kind, custom order NX6. I have seen few of them out there with the floyd and  couple of them with dot fret markers. I do not remember seeing any with pickups  directly mounted (NX3 feature) but it would not be hard to imagine that someone wanted one that way.  Serial number and Made In USA should be stamped at the back of the headstock.