Username: Password:

Author Topic: Grover locking tuners on PXL10EC  (Read 964 times)

Offline Swilki

• View Profile
Grover locking tuners on PXL10EC
« on: March 24, 2017, 05:51:35 AM »
Hi all.
Just thought you might like to be aware that the advertised locking tuners on the PXL10EC are in fact not locking but just standard 18:1 Grover tuners. I have asked customer service as to why the washburn website says they're locking when they're not but received no reply... Bit annoyed as love locking tuners but I love the rest of the guitar so won't send it back. Didn't have opportunity to try one first but had to order on internet.

Don't know if this is a general trend across parallaxe guitars but may be..

Offline WEBgUy

• Forum Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.usmusiccorp.com
Re: Grover locking tuners on PXL10EC
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2017, 09:42:42 AM »
That was a mistake in the specs on the website that has now been corrected. Sorry for the confusion. Most fixed bridge Washburn Parallaxe guitars will have the standard Grover 18:1 tuners.

Offline evan47

• View Profile
Re: Grover locking tuners on PXL10EC
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2017, 06:45:49 AM »
This has me a little concerned too as I have just bought a pxl10ftbm which was advertised as having locking tuners too.
The units on my model are simply stamped with grover and 18-1 on their backs but, when inspecting the front of the headstock the tuner post have minimal winds around them which is what I would expect locking tuners to have.
Also, my model is advertised as having phase reversal on its volume pots when, in reality it has coil taps instead.
I am not overly bothered by this but would like to know which of the tuners I have so I know what to expect when it comes to restringing.
The guitar is great though. Excellent to play with its slim, wde, satin finish smooth join neck and its seymour duncans give a wonderful palette of rock tones which can be tamed rather well with the coil taps and volume controls.
I wasnt sure as to what to expect with the feiten tuning system but normal open tuning methods seem to work as they would on any guitar but, I have sourced a korg dt7 just in case I need it.