Username: Password:

Author Topic: Please Help me Verify this N4  (Read 487 times)

Offline askwho69

• View Profile
Please Help me Verify this N4
« on: April 05, 2017, 10:01:32 PM »

image ru
The Headstock is not Nuno Bettencourt signature model instaead "Son Spirit"
The Stephens Cutaway "handmade In Ju Sin"
It was Made in Usa
« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 03:22:17 PM by askwho69 »

Offline Tony Raven

• View Profile
Everything about it suggests it's a counterfeit Nuno.

For instance the "1972 12 27" date on the neck heel (rather than a patent claim). As Stephen Davies didn't begin developing the design until the early 1980s, it makes no sense. (And Nuno Bettencourt would have been only six years old in 1972.)

You don't know that it was made in the United States -- that's merely what's claimed.

Even if you could locate a serial number on it, I'd have to doubt it's a Washburn at all until the company's Customer Service can provide verification that any part of it actually came from the Illinois shop.
M1SDL; XB-400 (natural), XB-400 (burg), XB-500 (teal); X-10, X-33; D46CESP, WCSD30SCE; BT-3, BT-4, BT-6, JB-80; WS-4; WI-66V; Lyon LCT24; OS Autoharps

resident troublemaker: http://forum.frugalguitarist.com/

Offline askwho69

• View Profile
Everything about it suggests it's a counterfeit Nuno.

For instance the "1972 12 27" date on the neck heel (rather than a patent claim). As Stephen Davies didn't begin developing the design until the early 1980s, it makes no sense. (And Nuno Bettencourt would have been only six years old in 1972.)

You don't know that it was made in the United States -- that's merely what's claimed.

Even if you could locate a serial number on it, I'd have to doubt it's a Washburn at all until the company's Customer Service can provide verification that any part of it actually came from the Illinois shop.

Hello, thank you for your response. i am reallynconfuse too, the neck has "Son Spirit" ? And atbthe back of the headstock has Made in USA and serial number is 970892 or 970592 hard to read..