Username: Password:

Author Topic: Fretboard Radius  (Read 264 times)

Offline bjgrifter

• View Profile
Fretboard Radius
« on: May 23, 2017, 09:14:50 PM »
I picked up an RX10 last year and while I love it, Washburn is skimpy on some details. Specifically, what Radius is on the X/RX line?

Bonus: Radius of a WG587.

Thanks.
RX10
WG587

Offline Tony Raven

• View Profile
Re: Fretboard Radius
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2017, 01:04:29 PM »
EuroGuitar.com says the RX-10 has a 12" fretboard radius.

However, with Washburn's more popular low-end guitars, specs like that can change readily, as they tweak them mid-run, or shift production between factories or even to another country.

IMO, there's really no "X Series" except maybe the offset fretboard dots (X-10 through X-22). The X-30 & X-33 are somewhat similar, there's TWO versions of X-40, a dozen or more variants of X-50, & the Donais models. The only unifying factors are the vaguely JEM-style slimmed-Strat body shapes, 25.5" fretboard, & six-in-line tuners. Specs like radius likely vary from model to model.

There's little basis to draw parallels between series. To me, it looked like the better X models were supposed to be replaced by RX, & the cheaper end by XM, but the new owners of the company lost sight of this & set the two lines competing against each other for the whole range.
M1SDL; XB-400 (natural), XB-400 (burg), XB-500 (teal); X-10, X-33; D46CESP, WCSD30SCE; BT-3, BT-4, BT-6, JB-80; WS-4; WI-66V; Lyon LCT24; OS Autoharps

resident troublemaker: http://forum.frugalguitarist.com/