Username: Password:

Author Topic: Value of a Dime 2ST?  (Read 833 times)

Offline Bernz

• View Profile
Value of a Dime 2ST?
« on: May 29, 2017, 10:26:31 PM »
Hi everyone.

I have a Dime Stealth 2ST that I bought years ago. I haven't played it in ages. I'm not necessarily looking to sell it right now, but I am trying to get a rough idea of this model's present day value. The value of the guitar would help me decide whether or not I want to part with it.

I have had a terrible time trying to get an idea of the guitar's value though. It doesn't seem to pop up for sale very often which could be a bad or good sign, I'm not really sure. Either way, I've hit a lot of dead ends. I was hoping some of you excellent people may be able to help me out.

Thanks guys.

I also wanted to add that a lot of the 2ST guitars I see online have a plate above the nut that say "DIME2ST" but mine does not have this. I wasn't sure what this variation meant or why some don't have this.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 10:56:41 PM by Bernz »

Offline madrocker

• View Profile
Re: Value of a Dime 2ST?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2017, 09:20:48 AM »
Your talking value of the more average bolt on import Washburn Dime 2 ST.  The guy on Ebay with the refinished red Washburn Dime 2ST has been auctioning it for between $300-$400 for months now without any luck. Peeps prefer the set neck construction that fetches better money. Here's the link.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Washburn-Dime2ST-Dimebag-Darrell-6-string-guitar-with-hard-case-/152546268148?hash=item23847753f4%3Ag%3AgS8AAOSwPh5ZFcfW&_trkparms=pageci%253Adf37bf9f-4542-11e7-a6b5-74dbd18085fd%257Cparentrq%253A59b9073415c0aa18b509e200fffcd7cc%257Ciid%253A10

Offline Bernz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2017, 02:42:19 PM »
Thanks for the info and the link. That sounds about right. Yeah, I've always thought (outside of looks) that guitar was average at best, hence the reason I haven't played it in years. I knew this prior to buying it too but try telling that to a 14 year old kid. Wasn't sure if there was any novelty value in it, so much appreciated.

Offline Tony Raven

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2017, 08:54:45 PM »
FWIW, I'd rather have a 2ST than any of the (seemingly endless!!) slew of Dean "beginner" guitars. While not one of the greatest examples of Washburn, at least the 2ST was issued while Darrell was still around.

Now that I think of it, Dean Zelinsky sold the "Dean" brand in like 1986, & all Darrell's Dean guitars were built previous to that. Darrell might have had a fresh prototype in his collection, but I have yet to see convincing proof he ever approved any of the low-end models that capitalized on his death.

Well, anyway. In the long run, the Washburn will hold its value much better than the Deans. If you're still playing,consider upgrading the hardware, especially if you can find good used stuff.
M1SDL; XB-400 (natural), XB-400 (burg), XB-500 (teal); X-10, X-33; D46CESP, WCSD30SCE; BT-3, BT-4, BT-6, JB-80; WS-4; WI-66V; Lyon LCT24; OS Autoharps

resident troublemaker: http://forum.frugalguitarist.com/

Offline Lallasa

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2017, 05:46:55 PM »
I spoke with this guy on ebay about the red 2st,was willing to go there and buy the guitar that weekend,
 but after my last message he didn't reply.
I am not sure how reliable is he to make a deal with him.
Will let you all guys if I talk with him again

Offline Lallasa

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2017, 12:30:59 PM »
I spoke with this guy on ebay about the red 2st,was willing to go there and buy the guitar that weekend,
 but after my last message he didn't reply.
I am not sure how reliable is he to make a deal with him.
Will let you all guys if I talk with him again

5 days pass,still the same no answer for him,now make sense why he sell the guitar for ages and no ones buy,cause there is no communication