Username: Password:

Author Topic: Washburn M1SDL  (Read 2728 times)

Offline ari

• View Profile
Washburn M1SDL
« on: June 07, 2005, 09:08:40 AM »
I'm a student shopping for something good for a beginner. From what I've read, the M1SDL sounds like a great instrument for the price. Does anybody know first hand hos this mando plays/sounds?

Offline arbarnhart

• View Profile
Washburn M1SDL
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2005, 09:43:31 AM »

I just ordered one after doing a bit of research, trying its near twin (that has F holes) and finding a good price and reviews of it online. I ordered mine here:
http://www.music123.com/Washburn-M1SDL-i131427.music?t=4
If you aren't in a big hurry, email me and I will reply back in a few days after I recieve it and play it some.

Offline svgustin

• View Profile
Washburn M1SDL
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2005, 02:40:55 AM »
Hey There!
  I have just purchased a misdl/Tr for my wife, (and me) just today in fact. It looks good and as far as the sound ..yeah it sounds good. I have never played mandolin before and neither has my wife. We both play guitar though (me more than her) and with all the stuff on the net these days to help learn I figure it shouldn't be too long until we have figured out some chords and scales. Anybody out there that has a good website or book for beginners. Pass it along. I may start a new thread to that effect in case nobody reads this post. Good luck with the mandolin, I think Washburn's reputation for quality at an affordable price goes a long way in deciding to buy.
Cheers,
Scott