Username: Password:

Author Topic: Please help with any info... EA20YBR  (Read 555 times)

Offline MDailey501

• View Profile
Please help with any info... EA20YBR
« on: July 07, 2017, 06:47:26 AM »
I recently purchased a beautiful EA20YBR  ....  serial number is 905664

I would like to know what the name of this finish is, please.

Also, if anyone can give me any info on this guitar ... anything.

I think I made a wise investment considering I only paid $125.00 for it.    It is in MINT condition.  The gentleman I bought it from was the original owner.  He said it has been played less than 20 times ever. 

Thanks for any info or comments.

Offline evenkeel

• View Profile
Re: Please help with any info... EA20YBR
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2017, 04:05:58 PM »
Welcome to the forum.  Your EA20 was part of the festival series.  Guitars designed for stage use.

Washburn used a few serial number systems so you need to also look at the electronics and other features to accurately date it.  The first digit or sometimes the first two are the usual indicators of the year of manufactures.  So your serial number could mean a build date of 1989, 1990 or 1999.  The first EA20's came out in the mid 80's and Washburn continued building them after the year 2000.

The finish is polyurethane.  The YBR is the colour of the finish.

Finally, the early versions of the guitar had a laminate mahogany top, back and sides.  Approx 1994 the top was switched to laminate spruce.

Offline evenkeel

• View Profile
Re: Please help with any info... EA20YBR
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2017, 07:01:59 PM »
Here is some additional info.
EA20 (NEWPORT/WOODSTOCK)
- thin single sharp cutaway thin body, select spruce or mahogany top, oval soundhole, bound body, three-stripe rosette, mahogany back/sides/neck, 14/21-fret rosewood fingerboard with pearl dot inlay, matching headstock with three-per-side Grover diecast tuners, rosewood bridge with pearl dot white pins, acoustic bridge pickup, Equis electonics, available in Black, Tobacco Sunburst, White, Woodstone Blue, Woodstone Brown, or Woodstone Silver finish, mfg. mid 1980s-2000.
Grading 100% Excellent Average
N/A $400 - 475 $250 - 300
Last MSR was $1,000.
In 1992, Woodstone finishes were disc. In 1993, Natural finish was introduced. In 1994, a select spruce/mahogany top replaced regular mahogany and White finish was disc. Until 1994, this guitar was referred to as the Newport. In 1995 only, this guitar was called the Woodstock, which is not to be confused with other Woodstock models (EA40). In 1996, Equis Gold electronics replaced Equis II. In 2000, Equis Plus electronics replaced Equis Gold.

Pictures would help but my guess is your EA20 is an early version.  Built in 1989.  Could the YBR actually be TBR?  If so, then the colour could be a tobacco burst.