Username: Password:

Author Topic: real N4 OR FAKE n4?  (Read 367 times)

Offline stefano5981

• View Profile
real N4 OR FAKE n4?
« on: July 14, 2017, 03:26:17 AM »
hi guys! i'm stefano from italy and i have a question for you.
a person near my city would change my stratocaster with his washburn N4 model.
i don't know so much of this instruments and i'm searching for help to identify this guitar.
There are some changes that have been made, the addition of a knob to control every single pick up, the pick change with dimarzio, and the addition of a kill switch. I'm interested  the guitar being original and not a Chinese clone. Can you give me all the information that [/img][/img][/img]you can understand from the photos I attach below?
THANK YOU to those who can help me.

Offline danielsan73

• Just one more....
    • View Profile
Re: real N4 OR FAKE n4?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2017, 04:49:43 AM »
Hi Stefano

That is no N4 body. Washburns are CNC milled and that is a home made replica body made to fit a Washburn neck. The routing at the back of the guitar at the neck joint is all wrong and the neck plate is also home made. The cavities don't seem to be very precise but on the plus side the neck appears to fit very well, just don't look at it as a Washburn.

Hope this helps

Dan
2011 N4 Korina 2.0, 1992 Alder N2, EA20SNB, Idol WIDLXSPLTD, 2007 N61,  Ibanez RG230, Ibanez Artcore AWD72ATF, Ovation Celebrity, Cort Bass, Vantage Acoustic Bass.

Offline stefano5981

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2017, 02:34:48 AM »
Thanks for the informations Dan, after looking better the photos I realized that there were so many wrong things. I gave up the trade and I keep my stratocaster for now. Thanks so much.

Offline Tony Raven

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2017, 02:35:28 PM »
There's a guy on eBay, who sells N4 "replacement" necks & N4 "replacement" bodies. He pretends that these are intended (of course!! :o) ONLY to repair proper Washburn instruments, NOT to make illegal copies.

I mean, ::).

Heck, buy a real N4 for $2,000, stick the neck onto a clone body & a clone neck on the original body, & sell 'em for $1,500 each...
M1SDL; XB-400 (natural), XB-400 (burg), XB-500 (teal); X-10, X-33; D46CESP, WCSD30SCE; BT-3, BT-4, BT-6, JB-80; WS-4; WI-66V; Lyon LCT24; OS Autoharps

resident troublemaker: http://forum.frugalguitarist.com/