Username: Password:

Author Topic: Washburn dime  (Read 267 times)

Offline Wata87fuzz

• View Profile
Washburn dime
« on: July 21, 2017, 12:48:40 AM »
I have a Washburn dime I would like refinished. Any possible way to have it sent someplace to do so?

Offline alastairarran

• View Profile
Re: Washburn dime
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2017, 06:02:44 AM »
As you most likely know, just before his passing, Dime changed his underwriting from Washburn to Dean. top paper service So on the off chance that you need a fresh out of the box new guitar you may need to run with a Dean.

Offline Tony Raven

• View Profile
Re: Washburn dime
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2017, 12:49:27 AM »
No, "refinish the guitar I already own" is not anything like "buy a new guitar."  ::)

FWIW, the Washburn Dimes are far superior to the ever-increasing plethora of "Dean" "Dimes" foisted off by Darrell's estate. (It's not the same company, & almost all the post-death "Dimes" were never actually approved by Darrell, QED.)

Refinishing a guitar is NOT easy nor cheap. It is WORK to tear a finish down to wood, then to redo the multiple rounds of filler & sealer, then color coats, then anything like a burst, then topcoat, then clearcoat.

I know classic guitars. An old Strat with most of the finish gone down to wood is worth at least as much as the same Strat with a $1,000 professional repaint.
M1SDL; XB-400 (natural), XB-400 (burg), XB-500 (teal); X-10, X-33; D46CESP, WCSD30SCE; BT-3, BT-4, BT-6, JB-80; WS-4; WI-66V; Lyon LCT24; OS Autoharps

resident troublemaker: http://forum.frugalguitarist.com/