Username: Password:

Author Topic: Washburn D-34s ??  (Read 373 times)

Offline 59 texas proud

• View Profile
Washburn D-34s ??
« on: August 22, 2017, 12:39:28 PM »
Hi....just purchased a D-34s 12 fret slope shoulder.  I can't find any info. .  This baby is nice and loud!  Can anyone help?  Thanks!

Offline YerDugliness

• Pearl, TX jams at: www.pearlbluegrass.com/
    • View Profile
Re: Washburn D-34s ??
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2017, 01:19:13 PM »
The "Slot-Headed 12-fretter" is my favorite body style...easy to tune, hold, and play.

Washburn may have used the "D-34S" model identifier multiple times...they have a way of recycling model numbers, so perhaps some more descriptive information would help. Can you post a few photos? Photobucket use to be our go-to place for photos, but recently they got "greedy" and wiped out all of our photos unless we paid them something like $400.  Not many of us have paid it, but others have found websites that do not charge for photo-hosting.  If your photo-hosting website offers "IMG" codes to go with their photos, those are the ones that work on this website. Photos of things like the rosette (sometimes the difference between two models is nothing more than how many rings the rosette contains), the head, and front, side and back photos of the body. If the neck or head have any inlays or decorations, they might be of assistance in determining the precise "model".

At any rate, photos would help, and serial number may help identify the year of production and MAYBE the place it was made (chances are good it won't be made in the USA). Washburn has produced some custom shop acoustics (not any longer) and some custom shop electrics (these are continuing to be made in their custom shop, IIRC).

The slope-shoulder version you have is very attractive, BTW!

Cheers!

Dugly 8)
YerDugliness,Esq./Post No Bills
Guitar Playin' FOOL, attempting to age disgracefully!
Washburns:WD32SW,D61SW,C124SWK,
WMJ21S(2),WGO26SCE,WSJ60SKELITE,WG26S (2).
Other fine acoustics:Breedlove custom shop 000,Hippner #506 Hauser,Takamini 2005 LTD,Epi Masterbilt AJ500RC

Offline ship of fools

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2017, 06:25:38 PM »
southern jumbo slope shoulder spruce top mahogany back/sides 95-99 nice jumbo fun to play
Retired Musician, Numismatic,
Retired and living the good life

Offline YerDugliness

• Pearl, TX jams at: www.pearlbluegrass.com/
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2017, 06:38:25 PM »
 I just got a Washburn SJ, Ship...nice play, for sure. Wish mine were a slot-headed 12-fretter...but, that pretty well describes my Epi AJ500RC...different tonewoods, but definitely similar construction.

Ship is a treasurehouse of Washburn info, 59 TX Proud...I'd say you've stumbled on a keeper  ;D

Cheers!!!

Dugly 8)
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 06:41:39 PM by YerDugliness »
YerDugliness,Esq./Post No Bills
Guitar Playin' FOOL, attempting to age disgracefully!
Washburns:WD32SW,D61SW,C124SWK,
WMJ21S(2),WGO26SCE,WSJ60SKELITE,WG26S (2).
Other fine acoustics:Breedlove custom shop 000,Hippner #506 Hauser,Takamini 2005 LTD,Epi Masterbilt AJ500RC