Username: Password:

Author Topic: Washburn Golden Harvest D-90 SWN 1992 New Old Stock for Sale.  (Read 1445 times)

Offline werocku

• View Profile
Washburn Golden Harvest D-90 SWN 1992 New Old Stock for Sale.
« on: August 27, 2017, 10:49:20 AM »
For sale. $ 2,500.00 delivered to any door step in the states with insurance of course.  The guitar is "New Old Stock" and has never been sold by our store since we received it in the early 90s. Never put on our show room floor,  The List price on this guitar in the early 90's was $4,000.00.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BYO7p7EBbs9/?hl=en&taken-by=stringedacoustic

ship of fools

Re: Washburn Golden Harvest D-90 SWN 1992 New Old Stock for Sale.
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2017, 11:34:45 AM »
actually that price was the suggested retail sale price which is always way higher then what you would have put it on the floor for but never the less a beautiful guitar to say the least the last of the Yamaki line and thats all I will say on this other then good luck

Offline werocku

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2017, 08:38:45 PM »
Understood,

I am not asking $4,000.00 and the $2500.00 I am asking for this Masterpiece is not out of line.

With a Class A discount to us as a dealer it is not far at all from what we have in the guitar.  If someone else has A Golden Harvest D-90 SWN in New Condition as this one is in I would be surprised to say the least. 

If this guitar had a 1 3/4 " width at the nut I would keep it and play it. But I need that extra width. It is time to find a home for her to get played.    :)

Offline pewtergod

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2018, 04:57:26 PM »
If you really want to sell her, you should put up more than a picture of around the sound hole.

Offline Tony Raven

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2018, 11:47:14 PM »
A note of caution. The following is my experience, independently corroborated by some others.

The short version: an unplayed guitar will sound "new" for a long time.

With an acoustic guitar, & particularly a quality instrument with non-laminate components, the guitar NEEDS a "break-in" period. The glue is not 100% cured for quite come time after it leaves the bench, & regular play seems to let the adhesive "settle" properly as the wood vibrates. But after a few untouched years, the glue is entirely cured, & will not improve further.

As well, play "loosens up" the wood at a molecular level, shaking out dust of sap & minerals.

If a guitar has spent years hanging on the wall of a busy store, it's probably going to sound distinctly better than an identical model that's been cased.

Sometime back, I spoke with a guy (call him Ed) who'd launched an acoustic duo with his buddy. They both bought shiny new Martins, gigged around town a bit, then amicably parted ways when the friend went off to college, & Ed hit the road. A decade later, Ed was visiting his friend & asked about his guitar, which had been safely packed away in its case, untouched, while Ed's was battle-scarred, & Ed had the notion of replacement. He dropped that idea after a couple minutes of play: it sounded "stiff," harsh, overbright, while the tone of Ed's beat-up axe was full & rich. Instead, he bought the guitar, sold it to a "collector" for a hefty profit, & had his old guitar overhauled.

If I was doing regular gigs, & relying mainly on one acoustic, I might consider spending big on a new axe -- which I could have built to MY needs, rather than an off-the-shelf model. But the best-sounding guitars I've played have clearly had hundreds (if not thousands) of hours of play.
M1SDL; XB-400 (natural), XB-400 (burg), XB-500 (teal); X-10, X-33; D46CESP, WCSD30SCE; BT-3, BT-4, BT-6, JB-80; WS-4; WI-66V; Lyon LCT24; OS Autoharps

resident troublemaker: http://cheapguitars.boards.net/