Username: Password:

Author Topic: Using the buzz feiten system  (Read 317 times)

Offline evan47

• View Profile
Using the buzz feiten system
« on: September 16, 2017, 04:02:21 AM »
How are us parrallaxe users tuning with the buzz feiten system instruments?
At the moment I am just tuning normally but was wondering how to do things properly and how big of a difference it really makes.
I got a little paranoid about how I was sounding but it just turns out it was the way I fret certain open chords when I am tired!
I have a korg dt7 on its way to me,,,,,,,has any body used this tuner with their parrallaxe or are they just using ordinary tuners and which method are they using for best results?
It is said that something like the dt7 is just for initial set up of a buzz feiten system ( so I should not really need it ) and consequent tuning can be done normally, is this correct?

Offline Tony Raven

• View Profile
Re: Using the buzz feiten system
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2017, 05:22:19 PM »
I only have two guitars with the BFTS. I'm not impressed.

I have two external tuners, the Sabine STX-1100 & the Snark SN-1; no, I don't use them together, the Sabine is better in noisy environments but bulkier.

I fine-tune at fret 5. If the intonation is correct, the tuning will be close enough for ~98% of notes.

The accuracy of the BFTS guitars is not noticeably better (or worse) than my other guitars.
M1SDL; XB-400 (natural), XB-400 (burg), XB-500 (teal); X-10, X-33; D46CESP, WCSD30SCE; BT-3, BT-4, BT-6, JB-80; WS-4; WI-66V; Lyon LCT24; OS Autoharps

resident troublemaker: http://forum.frugalguitarist.com/

Offline evan47

• View Profile
Re: Using the buzz feiten system
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2017, 02:56:33 PM »
I have been tuning using the Anderton method (all strings tuned to E using the 1st for reference) and it worked well, now I have the dt7 and use it in feiten mode, open and this works well too.
There is a slight difference in sound that is enough to make things worthwhile.
Chords ring out a little more clearly and harmonics are a little sweeter.
Its not a night and day difference but still a rather pleasing one.