Username: Password:

Author Topic: 2001 Washburn Cumberland 'Tree of Life' J28SCEDLM Limited run for Mars Music  (Read 373 times)

Offline Lizelle

• View Profile
I'm curious to know more about this guitar.  In 2001, my dad stopped at Mars Music in Birmingham, Al on the way to the beach and saw this guitar, played it, and bought it for just under $800.  Once he got home and began playing it he discovered it wasn't very comfortable to him as it is a jumbo.  I played it for him one day and fell in love with it.  He told me that when he was gone, the guitar would be mine.  It is in mint condition, has the hard case that came with it and is an absolute joy to play.  I will never sell it but am curious to know what it's worth and whether or not I should insure it.  The serial number is SK01070024.  From the very limited information I've been able to find it appears that this is a 2001 model and may be #24 of the limited run of 50.  I have been unable to find anything about this on the internet other than one 2002 model that sold on eBay a while back and had a crack in the front and some other damage.  That one went for almost $1k.

Gotta find a way to post pics on here.  Blah.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 07:20:13 AM by Lizelle »

Offline YerDugliness

• Pearl, TX jams at: www.pearlbluegrass.com/
    • View Profile
PhotoBucket strikes AGAIN  >:(

Dugly 8)
YerDugliness,Esq./Post No Bills
Guitar Playin' FOOL, attempting to age disgracefully!
Washburns:WD32SW,D61SW,C124SWK,
WMJ21S(2),WGO26SCE,WSJ60SKELITE,WG26S.
Other fine acoustics:Breedlove custom shop 000,Hippner #506 Hauser,Takamini 2005 LTD,Epi Masterbilt AJ500RC

Offline Lizelle

• View Profile
Hey, Dugly.  I don't know anything about forums or inserting pictures.  Which photo hosting site should I use and which of the links should I insert?  Think I used URL on this one.  It looked fine when I previewed it.  Just don't want to keep trying and not get it right.

Thank you!

Liz

Offline YerDugliness

• View Profile
We all use to use Photobucket until they held our photos ransom for a $400 "membership". I have seen links to whatever photo storage process Google uses on the forum...it is important to copy and paste the "IMG" code into the body of your post so that the photos will appear; however, I do not know if Google provides IMG codes or not because I haven't tried.

What does not seem to work is Facebook (can't see the photos unless we are Facebook members), as well as URLs that start with http: and some other "prefixes" such as jpeg photos.

I suppose some of the more technically astute have found other websites that will offer storage, but for the most part I have just stopped posting photos, which is not a problem for me but for someone who is looking to identify a unique instrument or asking for help with a repair photos are a huge help.

Here's a hint...whenever you are curious what sort of code was used to post a photo, just click on the link you would use if you were going to "quote" it...the code used for the photo will appear in the "quote". That might offer some help to some.

Some forums get around this issue by hosting the photos in some section of their forum software, but I don't think Washburn does that.

I know this is scant help...wish I had a better idea, 'cause we all like to see other peoples' instruments here.

Cheers, and here's hoping we soon find another method of posting photos!

Dugly 8)
Other fine acoustics:Breedlove custom shop 000,Hippner #506 Hauser,Takamini 2005 LTD,Epi Masterbilt AJ500RC

Offline Lizelle

• View Profile
Dugly, you're an angel.  I'll keep working on it until I get something that works.  Thank you!  Liz

Offline bigcity2

• View Profile
Try Postimage for your photos.  Use the 2 defaults to upload your image to Postimage ( 1200 x 1600 and no expiration)  After you upload... copy the Hotlink for forums link and paste it here.  When you post your reply....your image will appear.

« Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 04:13:42 AM by bigcity2 »

Offline Lizelle

• View Profile
Thank you!  WOW, that's a beautiful guitar!  I will follow your instructions next time I get a few minutes.  Work is absolutely NUTS today so it may be tomorrow or next week sometime.

Thanks again!

Liz

Offline YerDugliness

• View Profile
Thanks, BC2!! I sent WEBgUy a PM asking if we should revise or delete the General Discussion thread on how to post photos, which instructs members to use Photobucket. I haven't heard back from him yet, but if an admin would edit the thread to include this new photo-hosting site and your instructions perhaps that would suffice.

Cheers to you, BC2  ;D

Dugly 8)