Username: Password:

Author Topic: Help identifying  (Read 327 times)

Offline Janiejames

• View Profile
Help identifying
« on: September 30, 2017, 05:29:32 PM »
Hey everybody, asking for a lil. Someone told me they believed this to be a Washburn by looking at the bridge. There is not a single mark or number anywhere that I can find. Thanks for any help!

Offline ship of fools

• View Profile
Re: Help identifying
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2017, 08:40:05 AM »
sorry without many pictures it would be impossible to identify
Retired Musician, Numismatic,
Retired and living the good life

Offline YerDugliness

• Pearl, TX jams at: www.pearlbluegrass.com/
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2017, 10:33:08 AM »
Hey everybody, asking for a lil. Someone told me they believed this to be a Washburn by looking at the bridge. There is not a single mark or number anywhere that I can find. Thanks for any help!

Washburn did use a rather unique bridge for a while...sometimes referred to as a "butterfly bridge" or a "bat bridge".

Ship is right, we need photos. Photobucket use to be our go-to hosting site but they shut down their free service and their rate is too high for most of us, so try www dot postimage dot com. We need an "IMG" link to see the photos on the forum pages.

Try this...look inside the body of the guitar from the bottom so that you can see the block inside the body where the neck attaches to the body. There may be a serial number on there. It's not unusual for older Washburns to have lost their paper label inside the body of the guitar, so here's hoping you have a number on the neck block.

Cheers!

Dugly 8)

YerDugliness,Esq./Post No Bills
Guitar Playin' FOOL, attempting to age disgracefully!
Washburns:WD32SW,D61SW,C124SWK,
WMJ21S(2),WGO26SCE,WSJ60SKELITE,WG26S.
Other fine acoustics:Breedlove custom shop 000,Hippner #506 Hauser,Takamini 2005 LTD,Epi Masterbilt AJ500RC

Offline Tony Raven

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2017, 09:33:35 PM »
Just a wild guess, but it sounds like an oldie. Offhand, I can't think of any 1978+ Washburn acoustics that have an unbranded headstock.
M1SDL; XB-400 (natural), XB-400 (burg), XB-500 (teal); X-10, X-33; D46CESP, WCSD30SCE; BT-3, BT-4, BT-6, JB-80; WS-4; WI-66V; Lyon LCT24; OS Autoharps

resident troublemaker: http://forum.frugalguitarist.com/