Username: Password:

Author Topic: Help pricing my WD 750SW  (Read 1012 times)

Offline Bresser

• View Profile
Help pricing my WD 750SW
« on: October 20, 2017, 08:03:59 PM »
Hey guys,
I have a WD750SW up for sale but I'm not sure what price I should put on it.  Solid Engelmann spruce top with solid ovankol back and sides. It is absolute mint condition, with zero fret wear. Set up is perfect. I had a Fishman Presys system installed with the mic, plus the piezo p/u under the saddle, mixer, phase shift, tuner.  It sounds great but I just need to thin the heard and this one has just been hiding in the closet.  It needs to get played.  If you have a good idea about a price tag please let me know. 

Offline YerDugliness

• Pearl, TX jams at: www.pearlbluegrass.com/
    • View Profile
Re: Help pricing my WD 750SW
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2018, 11:26:22 AM »
Brresser, ignore that last post...spammers!

Isn't the WD750SW still in Washburn's catalog? If so, you should be able to get the valuation from there.

[Edit...guess not...hard to find on the internet, too. Try a forum search (on the grey bar at the top of the forum), perhaps somebody has posted a comment and mentioned price.]

It's an all solid-wood guitar, so it will have some value...if you're trying to sell it, though, you need to know that used Washburns don't hold their value like Taylors, Breedloves, Gibsons or Martins...with the exception of the DB models, which seem to be holding on.

It appears that the WD750SW was discontinued in 2012, based on what I read on the few threads that discussed that model.

Did you buy the guitar from an authorized Washburn dealer?

Cheers!

Dugly 8)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 02:52:49 PM by YerDugliness »
YerDugliness,Esq./Post No Bills
Guitar Playin' FOOL, attempting to age disgracefully!
Washburns:WD32SW,D61SW,D62SW,C124SWK,
WMJ21S(2),WGO26SCE,WSJ60SKELITE,WG26S (2).
Other fine acoustics:Breedlove custom shop 000,Hippner #506 Hauser,Takamini 2005 LTD,Epi Masterbilt AJ500RC

Offline Bresser

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2018, 02:42:17 PM »
Hi Dug!
Thanks for the response. I have looked long and hard to find info on this particular git. The production run was short, and replaced by the very popular WD250SW.  The WD750SW is no longer in production or in any catalog that I can find.  I'm betting if I did find some info on manufacturer pricing it would say something like $1,249 MSRP, then an authorized dealer would probably retail for $700-800.  Purchased mine NOS from a local luthier(non-authorized dealer) for $600. Worth it in my mind as it is a very good guitar.  The craftsmanship and tone are fantastic.  The ovangkol sides and back are absolutely beautiful.  The only reason I'm selling is the volume.  I like to play loud (fire the cannon!).  The response is precise and tone is fantastic but the volume is not what I would call booming.  That and I have 2 other Washies (WD150SW - my all-time favorite; and an Idol-64 electric - one of my fav electrics).  When I go to pick up an acoustic I pick up the WD150 or my Guild DC-5.  The 750 just sits in it's case and that's no place for a good axe to live.  So anyway, I put the WD750 up on Craigslist for $450 and Reverb for $550, seems fair, but no takers yet.  One did sell on Reverb about a year ago for $425 but had no case or electronics. There was one other on Reverb for $700, but I digress.  Bottom-line is that a guitar is worth what someone wants to pay.  Then you either fall in love with it (priceless) or not (worthless?).  If it sells great; if not I may eventually just give it to my son who is currently banging away on a great sounding Cort Earth 200.

Everyone loves pics, but I just can't post them here.  If you want a peak at photos you can hit the Reverb link... https://reverb.com/item/7539370-washburn-wd750sw

Love the Washies, enjoy the forum.
All the best,
Bresser

Offline 6Alli

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2018, 02:02:59 PM »
Hi!
It appears that the WD750SW was discontinued in 2012, based on what I read on the few threads that discussed that model.

Regards,
Alli.