Username: Password:

Author Topic: Washburn wa90ce nut installation  (Read 487 times)

Offline Eprater

• View Profile
Washburn wa90ce nut installation
« on: November 12, 2017, 05:37:36 PM »
     Anyone have any recommendations as to where I should get a good bone nut? I just got this guitar in and it came with plastic nuts. Also can't find anywhere to find the specs on my nut or saddle. I don't really want to take the chance of wrong measurement. If anyone knows where to find that information that would be very helpful as well.

Offline YerDugliness

• Pearl, TX jams at: www.pearlbluegrass.com/
    • View Profile
Re: Washburn wa90ce nut installation
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2017, 10:08:27 AM »
Contact Bob Colosi at www.guitarsaddles.com

Bob is the one who usually answers the phone...he's a hands-on sort of guy!

He offers bone saddles, nuts, strap buttons, bridge pins and end pins...but can also craft those items from other materials, such as fossilized walrus tusk and (my favorite) West African Hard Ivory.

While it might be easy to think Bob could just make one from scratch, he'll likely need to have your current nut in hand, so I'd recommend sending him your current plastic nut to "replicate". I say "replicate" because he'll always provide the new bone "blank" slightly oversize (this allows a tech or luthier to custom fit it to the neck) so it will need to be shaved to size and have string slots appropriate for the string gauges you use added.  The regular routine is that the customer takes the guitar to a shop tech or a luthier for those services.

His prices are reasonable.  Good luck!

Cheers!

Dugly 8)

« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 10:10:08 AM by YerDugliness »
YerDugliness,Esq./Post No Bills
Guitar Playin' FOOL, attempting to age disgracefully!
Washburns:WD32SW,D61SW,D62SW,C124SWK,
WMJ21S(2),WGO26SCE,WSJ60SKELITE,WG26S (2).
Other fine acoustics:Breedlove custom shop 000,Hippner #506 Hauser,Takamini 2005 LTD,Epi Masterbilt AJ500RC