Username: Password:

Author Topic: Forum Posting "issues"...anyone else have this problem?  (Read 413 times)

Offline YerDugliness

• Pearl, TX jams at: www.pearlbluegrass.com/
    • View Profile
Forum Posting "issues"...anyone else have this problem?
« on: November 17, 2017, 08:52:08 AM »
I notice more and more that when I am trying to post a response to a thread the forum software refuses to post it and I get a banner notice something to the effect of "We are unable to post your response. Try again and if it continues to fail contact an administrator".

It's sporadic, but prevalent enough that it tends to be a bit of a problem, particularly if the response was lengthy...the forum just deletes the draft response in quick order if it won't post it.

Has anyone else had this issue? It usually happens to me if I'm trying to post during the evening, if that has anything to do with it...but it could have nothing to do with it, too.

...or...it could be related to using an iPhone to post replies (my desktop at home is on the fritz!).

I'm sure hoping this can be fixed!

Cheers!

Dugly 8)

YerDugliness,Esq./Post No Bills
Guitar Playin' FOOL, attempting to age disgracefully!
Washburns:WD32SW,D61SW,D62SW,C124SWK,
WMJ21S(2),WGO26SCE,WSJ60SKELITE,WG26S (2).
Other fine acoustics:Breedlove custom shop 000,Hippner #506 Hauser,Takamini 2005 LTD,Epi Masterbilt AJ500RC

Offline MapleFlix

• View Profile
    • My recordings on soundcloud
Re: Forum Posting "issues"...anyone else have this problem?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2017, 04:00:27 PM »
Hey dugly
I had different problem with posting on iphone, when i composed a message and made a too long break the page would be reloaded and the message gone.
My solution was to select all and copy the text frequently, if anything goes wrong i can still paste it.
Maybe this helps.
My Washburns: D-20SN (1988) - D-30SN (1989) - D-61SW12 (1989) - D-66SW (1979)
Other: Alhambra A4 Steelstring (2015) - Epiphone Sheraton (1988) - Epiphone Mandolin (1990)
Music: soundcloud.com/tonflix

Offline WEBgUy

• Forum Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.usmusiccorp.com
Re: Forum Posting "issues"...anyone else have this problem?
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2017, 09:34:27 AM »
There was a courtesy wait time of 90 seconds for posts to be posted. I've increased it to 180 seconds. Hopefully that helps. It prevents spam posts. There are several other settings that prevent spam, like a 30 second wait between posts.