Username: Password:

Author Topic: Family photo w/ Details  (Read 389 times)

Offline Trapaw

• View Profile
Family photo w/ Details
« on: January 23, 2018, 06:29:33 PM »
Hey folks! Been a minute since I visited you guys and gals. Figured I'd share a pic of my Washburn family with y'all.

From left to right:

Taurus T12 4 string bass
Mods: Updated hardware, complete rewire
Tuning: D Standard

This thing was the first bass I ever got and I've loved it the entire time. Upgraded the wiring and hardware, played in a couple bands with it. I've had guys offer to trade me $600 bass guitars for this thing. As far as a workhorse bass I couldn't ask for better.

Bantam XB125 5 string bass
Mods: Stock
Tuning: Dropped B

Picked this thing up used at a pawn shop years ago because I hated tuning my 4 string low. It quickly became the guitar I reached for when needing to track bass in the studio.

WG587 7 string electric
Mods: Total rewire, changed to single HB/1 vol/1 tone setup, Guitarmory Atlas pickup in bridge, straplocks

I'd been wanting a seven string Washburn since I discovered 7s were a thing. Finally found this one at a music shop used and in poor condition. Paid next to nothing for it, took it home, did a complete setup on it, rewired it, put fresh strings on it. Previous owner had dropped an SD Invader in the bridge which sounded way too tinny for my tastes. Recently dropped an Atlas pup in the bridge and man this thing screams. It's my default lead tracking guitar in the studio and the one I play the most live as a rhythm player in my band.

Mercury II Series
Mods: Seymour Duncan Invader pickup in bridge

This is the first guitar I ever owned. My parents bought it for me as a gift when I was 12 and it sat in my closet until I was around 15. Eventually learned to play on it and got an Invader pickup installed. Tracked my first two records on this thing and it rarely ever leaves the studio these days. Aside from the SD Invader, it's completely stock to the point I got a locking strap so I wouldn't have to swap out the strap buttons. This is the guitar to blame for my love of Washburns.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 06:37:37 PM by Trapaw »
The last great disciple of the human race
Slipping through the cracks of time and space

Offline ship of fools

• View Profile
Re: Family photo w/ Details
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2018, 02:30:21 PM »
nice family picture
Retired Musician, Numismatic,
Retired and living the good life