Username: Password:

Author Topic: is Blue Book dead??  (Read 4498 times)

Offline Tony Raven

• View Profile
is Blue Book dead??
« on: February 09, 2018, 02:26:15 AM »
Maybe the question ought to be "exactly how dead is Blue Book?"

I've relied on the print editions from Blue Book, then used their website (non-subscribed) to dig into details because it's easy to search with the computer.

A couple of months ago, they lost their collective tiny mind & "upgraded" the site.

Now, NONE of the model listings will show up on a Google search.

Worse, even the basic search capability has gotten STUPID. I used to be able to look up (say) the entire Maverick line & quickly figure out which model I was looking at from the descriptions. Now, if I type in "Maverick" it says "No results found." If I try "BT-3" I get the same result.

Anyone know how to make this work?
M1SDL; XB-400 (natural), XB-400 (burg), XB-500 (teal); X-10, X-33; D46CESP, WCSD30SCE; BT-3, BT-4, BT-6, JB-80; WS-4; WI-66V; Lyon LCT24; OS Autoharps

resident troublemaker: http://cheapguitars.boards.net/

Offline AlexWoolard

• View Profile
Re: is Blue Book dead??
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2018, 12:25:49 AM »
Maybe the question ought to be "exactly how dead is Blue Book?"

I've relied on the print editions from Blue Book, then used their website (non-subscribed) to dig into details because it's easy to search with the computer.

A couple of months ago, they lost their collective tiny mind & "upgraded" the site.

Now, NONE of the model listings will show up on a Google search.

Worse, even the basic search capability has gotten STUPID. I used to be able to look up (say) the entire Maverick line & quickly figure out which model I was looking at dianabol results https://nowhereland9.org/dianabol-review-results/ from the descriptions. Now, if I type in "Maverick" it says "No results found." If I try "BT-3" I get the same result.

Anyone know how to make this work?
Basically, the search feature of the site is dead. I'm also unable to find products that I was able to search earlier before the site upgrade.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 09:28:05 AM by AlexWoolard »

Offline iosman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2018, 07:05:17 PM »

Love your blog man. Thanks for this stuff.

Offline Mskratz

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2018, 07:41:57 PM »
Tony,

Thanks to the "Is Blue Book Dead" spammer for reminding me I found the answer to your question a few weeks back.  I am able to get information (build specs) directly from the blue book of guitar values website. On my PC I went to https://www.bluebookofguitarvalues.com/#/Index and near the center of the page is a box titled "Find your guitar and amplifier values". You can type in the manufacturer and/or model AFTER you select from one of the four options to the immediate right (acoustic guitars, electric guitars, guitar amplifiers, mandolins). The search results should come up directly below where you enter what you are looking for. The search is VERY specific. For example, Model:  D34SCE and D34 SCE comes back with "No Results Found". However, D34 or D34 S or D34 S CE will find Washburn's D34SCE.  You can also get broader results if you just input the Manufacturer:  Washburn (or whomever).  So just select the type of equipment first followed by manufacturer and/or model.
Washburns: XB100 (2003) - T24 (2007) - AB35 (2000) - D10M (2000) - D10SCEDL (2005) - D10SCE/12 (2006) - D34SCE (2002) - D46SCE (2008) - D52SW (2010) - D68SWCE (1994) - J6 Montgomery (2003) - J28SCEDL MVP (2006) - RO10RW (2014)

Offline mikas

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2018, 02:00:06 AM »
For you have an new post, medium or medium sure you must be understand and trying to be many in search, me very activated with your posts this page, really absolute.
 run 3

Offline Tony Raven

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2018, 09:56:04 AM »
Yeah, I too have managed to get some functionality from it, but compared to the old version it's about as useful as a three-legged plowhorse.

They may have tweaked the code a little, because t seems to work a little better. I seem to often go after "what exact model is that?" questions, so I want to lay out all the features in tabular form. If I search for BT, I do now get the Maverick line as well as some of the early basses. I choose one (maybe the BT-6) which gets me the individual listing, & THEN click on "Show All Models" which gets me the entire series.

So, not difficult... but not convenient, or plain.
M1SDL; XB-400 (natural), XB-400 (burg), XB-500 (teal); X-10, X-33; D46CESP, WCSD30SCE; BT-3, BT-4, BT-6, JB-80; WS-4; WI-66V; Lyon LCT24; OS Autoharps

resident troublemaker: http://cheapguitars.boards.net/