Username: Password:

Author Topic: Forum problem...ADMINS/Moderators, please read and reply!  (Read 1599 times)

Offline YerDugliness

• Pearl, TX jams at: www.pearlbluegrass.com/
    • View Profile
Forum problem...ADMINS/Moderators, please read and reply!
« on: February 09, 2018, 11:07:46 AM »
Why won't the forum accept a post from my iPhone?

I ask because I use my iPhone more for internet usage than I do for communication and it's not infrequent for me to try to reply to threads with it. Invariably the forum displays this banner that says something to the effect of "Try again. If you get this message again, contact an administrator".

Well, that's what I'm trying to do.

Is there some way you can fix this?

I have no problems posting to the other forums on which I participate with the iPhone, it is an issue that reserved strictly for this forum...and it doesn't matter which board I'm trying to post on, the forum never lets an iPhone post from me through.

Cheers? Not yet, but I'm hoping I can cheer when this issue is fixed.

Dugly 8)
YerDugliness,Esq./Post No Bills
Guitar Playin' FOOL, attempting to age disgracefully!
Washburns:WD32SW,D61SW,D62SW,C124SWK,
WMJ21S(2),WGO26SCE,WSJ60SKELITE,WG26S (2).
Other fine acoustics:Breedlove custom shop 000,Hippner #506 Hauser,Takamini 2005 LTD,Epi Masterbilt AJ500RC

Offline YerDugliness

• View Profile
Re: Forum problem...ADMINS/Moderators, please read and reply!
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2018, 02:35:29 PM »
BUMP TTT.

The problem persists!

Dugly 8)
Other fine acoustics:Breedlove custom shop 000,Hippner #506 Hauser,Takamini 2005 LTD,Epi Masterbilt AJ500RC

ship of fools

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2018, 08:47:35 AM »
Doug try to sign in in the other spot not up top in the right corner but that bar that has home help search and so forth if I sign in on the top right my posts disappear but honestly I think there is only one guy left so with all his work I doubt he has much time left for this place, shame but thats life.

Offline YerDugliness

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2018, 09:18:12 AM »
Thanks for the suggestion, Ship... but it didn't work.

Here is what I did...signed off using the "Log Out" tab on the grey tool bar.

Logged back on using the "sign in" tab on the tool bar...did not select the "remain logged on" option, but chose the 60 minute option.

Tried to respond to this thread with my cell phone.

Got this message: "Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator"

I've done that, even sent a PM to WBNick (but not to WEBgUy). I think there is some setting on the forum that is prohibiting posts by an iPhone, but don't know if that's true. I just always get that "Please try again" prompt.

It's frustrating b/c I don't have my desktop connected at home...had a crash caused by a Mother Earth News flash drive and just now got it fixed. I use my iPhone MUCH more than I do my computer, even when it is functional. I try to be of help to those who post questions on the forum...but the iPhone posts are always refused by that error message.

Surely someone can do something about that....

Dugly 8)

Offline YerDugliness

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2018, 09:19:06 AM »
BUMP TTT, hoping an admin will help with this ongoing issue!

Cheers!

Dugly 8)

ship of fools

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2018, 10:17:17 AM »
think Nick is gone Doug and not sure anybody gives a rats butt anymore here can never get admin to delete spammers anymore until several days later well you would think they would spend some time fixing things especially with the big show being over and them getting great reviews at NAMM

Offline YerDugliness

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2018, 01:04:25 PM »
Yeah, Ship...lots of companies "downsizing" now in this competitive business environment and we can certainly expect that trend to continue. I agree...what a shame! We get a lot of great potential members who make a one-time request (usually for wiring instructions/valuations) and we never again hear from them. I know this is a common phenomenon in our industry (in fact I was a "one post wonder" on the Takamine guitar forum), but I'd like to suggest that the support services provided by our forum members would be likely to reduce the magnitude of demand that would become Washburn's responsibility if this forum "disappears".

A bit of "moderator support" would be nice now and then. I can only post from work until this iPhone issue is resolved...and I am one of our most active posters.

Cheers!

Dugly 8)