Username: Password:

Author Topic: Classical C64SCE pickup/preamp faulty?  (Read 874 times)

Offline johnk

• View Profile
Classical C64SCE pickup/preamp faulty?
« on: February 22, 2018, 05:24:35 AM »
Hi, i bought a classical 64SCE about 2 years ago and i have not used the output jack on the guitar before as i am just a beginner.  A few days ago i  plugged the guitar into my pc to try to do some recording using the internal pickup.  The 3rd (and 4th strings) are much louder than the 3 base strings.  Is this normal?  I am not sure if the pickup is faulty or something needs to be setup properly.  i just changed the strings and it made no difference.  I took it back to the shop and the technician told me that it is normal and just due to the very thick G string.  i have written a couple of emails to Washburn asking for advice, but heard nothing.  Anyone have any advice to offer?  Faulty amp, or setup needs adjustment ?
Thanks in advance.

Offline YerDugliness

• Pearl, TX jams at: www.pearlbluegrass.com/
    • View Profile
Re: Classical C64SCE pickup/preamp faulty?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2018, 01:54:54 PM »
On my classicals the G-string is the SMALLEST of the wound strings.

Most of the time I find the opposite...the G string seems muted in comparison to all of the other strings.

I wonder if the UST pickup (just an assumption it's a UST) might be a two part item, one part for strings 1-3 and the other part for strings 4-6. That might explain why the G string seems loudest, it would be the only wound string on that part of the UST.  Just a guess, though.

If you bought the guitar from an authorized Washburn dealer you should have a limited lifetime warranty. I would doubt that it would be necessary to send it back to the Washburn headquarters, they would probably refer you to a music store that is an authorized dealer for evaluation. It might just be a simple adjustment.

Hope this helps a little.

Dugly 8)
YerDugliness,Esq./Post No Bills
Guitar Playin' FOOL, attempting to age disgracefully!
Washburns:WD32SW,D61SW,D62SW,C124SWK,
WMJ21S(2),WGO26SCE,WSJ60SKELITE,WG26S (2).
Other fine acoustics:Breedlove custom shop 000,Hippner #506 Hauser,Takamini 2005 LTD,Epi Masterbilt AJ500RC