Username: Password:

Author Topic: A20 w/Wonderbar  (Read 434 times)

Offline Manfred23

• View Profile
A20 w/Wonderbar
« on: March 06, 2018, 10:41:08 AM »
Many years ago I had an A20 hardtail - cherry burst. Dumbest thing I ever did was trade it in for a bass. I now may have a chance to pick up another A20 cherry burst but this one has a wonderbar on it. My question is - did the A20 ever come standard with a Wonderbar or was that an aftermarket thing people did? Since the posting doesn't have any other pictures than the front, I'm trying to find out if this was routed out for a trem style bridge or if it's solid and replaceable with an original hardtail.

Offline jwguitar

• View Profile
Re: A20 w/Wonderbar
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2018, 12:44:06 PM »
I believe they did come standard with the wonderbar.  Though most of the guitars I have seen have had the hardtail bridge.  Those were great trem systems.

Offline Tony Raven

• View Profile
Re: A20 w/Wonderbar
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2018, 12:23:52 AM »
I'm trying to find out if this was routed out for a trem style bridge or if it's solid and replaceable with an original hardtail.
I think the answer might be "neither." :o

The Wonderbar was a top-mount device, so not needing the rear spring cavity.

If the Wonderbar was original equipment, fitting a hardtail bridge to it is possible, but maybe not a simple"drop in"replacement.
M1SDL; XB-400 (natural), XB-400 (burg), XB-500 (teal); X-10, X-33; D46CESP, WCSD30SCE; BT-3, BT-4, BT-6, JB-80; WS-4; WI-66V; Lyon LCT24; OS Autoharps

resident troublemaker: http://forum.frugalguitarist.com/