Username: Password:

Author Topic: Washburn SB5  (Read 464 times)

Offline FRANKIE66

• View Profile
Washburn SB5
« on: March 25, 2018, 05:57:16 AM »
Hi Guys new to the site and first post! I live in the UK and have several guitars one of which being a SB5 . Now I am in a bit of a quandary as to this models origins and my investigation so far has led me here to try and fathom it's history.

I purchased it on ebay for pennies and am absolutely astounded by not only it's aesthetics but the playability is amazing. When purchased it had a damaged 14th fret but luckily no damage to the fretboard so I had it replaced professionally and had a full set up at the same time.With no dinks or scratches anywhere it is although somewhat heavy a beautiful looking instrument.

I was hoping that someone could supply me with some more definitive information on this model than I already have as the only info I have is from the seller giving me aN approximate date of 1996 as year of manifacture and the possibility of being produced in the Samick factory in Korea. However I have found no hard evidence of this and would love to have some detailed info from Washburn or people like yourselves who have no vested interest in selling me anything. By the way I have no interest in selling this guitar as my interest is in the history of Washburn and models such as this.

I have scoured the Washburn catalogues I have come across online and it appears it is from the wing series. I have no idea as to value for insurance purposes as so few appear to be found in the second hand market.

Anyway any info would be gratefully received.