Username: Password:

Author Topic: SERIAL NUMBER  (Read 172095 times)

Offline Tech4pc

• View Profile
Re: SERIAL NUMBER
« Reply #150 on: December 13, 2018, 05:25:52 AM »
I have done training in serial number because clean your unwanted hair serial number is important for any Government exam in India.  I shared a serial number method in essayroo reviews in this sites. It is helpful for student. Thanks for sharing posting. Keep posting.

Offline NathanMurphy

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 25, 2019, 06:05:41 AM »
Just curious if anyone knows what the W stands for at the beginning of the serial number on my Washburn C124SWK (serial #W0810xxxx)? The label specifically says Made in China. Must have been manufactured October of 2008, if the normal code sequence is correct.  The label does state Celebrating 125 Years of Excellence and carries the dates 1883-2008.

Offline hubieg

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 03, 2019, 07:25:09 PM »
Hi, all,

I have a Washburn D25 S/N acoustic, which has the number '6041012' (including the single quote marks on either side of the number) in black ink on a block of wood on the inside of the guitar, directly opposite the point where the neck joins the body on the outside of the guitar. For what it's worth, the 6 in the (serial?) number may be an 8. The top half of the number is pretty smudged.

From what I have read, which, admittedly, isn't a whole lot, I was under the impression that serial numbers were located directly under the sound hole on acoustics. But, when I look into the sound hole on my model, I just see the Washburn logo etched into the thin piece of bracing wood that runs parallel to the neck on the inside back of the guitar.

At any rate, I know I purchased the guitar in either 1987 or 1988, and, given the price I paid, I can't imagine it being much older than that.

Any help with this seemingly non-standard supposed serial number?

Thanks!

Offline Tony Raven

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 06, 2019, 02:39:39 PM »
Over the years, the "Washburn" name has been applied to instruments produced by literally a couple dozen different factories. Though Japan instituted rules meant to standardize serial numbers, elsewhere the format can vary widely. There are examples of Washburn numbers where any date interpretation would be impossible.

You're correct that serial numbers are generally on paper labels beneath the soundhole. Sometimes they fall off with time, or someone found it displeasing & took it off. IME, some non-Washburn Japanese guitars from the '70s & '80s never had a paper label (apparently the headstock logo was enough), so I suppose it's possible. Generally, I'm wary of numbers written (or rubberstamped) on the wood, as usually these are tracking numbers that don't indicate date or build order or any such thing.

Off to Blue Book. The D-25S is a Southern jumbo, not a dreadnought, offered 1985-2000. If it's got a spruce top, it's 1994 or earlier (replaced by cedar from that year onward). Given your number, it's possible that indicates 1986; if valid, the next two digits should be month, and the final digits is that instrument's actual serial-order number... so that'd be guitar #1,012 for the month of April 1986. Without a paper label, I'm not totally confient, but that's the guess.
M1SDL; XB-400 (natural), XB-400 (burg), XB-500 (teal); X-10, X-33; D46CESP, WCSD30SCE; BT-3, BT-4, BT-6, JB-80; WS-4; WI-66V; Lyon LCT24; OS Autoharps

resident troublemaker: http://cheapguitars.boards.net/

Offline jdunham49

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 09, 2019, 02:42:27 PM »
9301192 is stamped on the end block inside the body, right above D-28S/N  - It is a D28 that I bought new in '95 and made in Taiwan.

Figure it was built Jan 1993, guitar #192.......?

Offline hubieg

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 09, 2019, 08:55:16 PM »
Over the years, the "Washburn" name has been applied to instruments produced by literally a couple dozen different factories. Though Japan instituted rules meant to standardize serial numbers, elsewhere the format can vary widely. There are examples of Washburn numbers where any date interpretation would be impossible.

You're correct that serial numbers are generally on paper labels beneath the soundhole. Sometimes they fall off with time, or someone found it displeasing & took it off. IME, some non-Washburn Japanese guitars from the '70s & '80s never had a paper label (apparently the headstock logo was enough), so I suppose it's possible. Generally, I'm wary of numbers written (or rubberstamped) on the wood, as usually these are tracking numbers that don't indicate date or build order or any such thing.

Off to Blue Book. The D-25S is a Southern jumbo, not a dreadnought, offered 1985-2000. If it's got a spruce top, it's 1994 or earlier (replaced by cedar from that year onward). Given your number, it's possible that indicates 1986; if valid, the next two digits should be month, and the final digits is that instrument's actual serial-order number... so that'd be guitar #1,012 for the month of April 1986. Without a paper label, I'm not totally confient, but that's the guess.

Thanks, Tony! It does have a spruce top, and I'd say 1986 is a pretty good guess. It was in near-mint condition when I bought it in the summer/fall of 1987. Thank you, again, for chiming in.

Offline Tony Raven

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 15, 2019, 11:09:46 PM »
9301192 is stamped on the end block inside the body, right above D-28S/N  - It is a D28 that I bought new in '95 and made in Taiwan.

Figure it was built Jan 1993, guitar #192.......?
See, that's part of the difficulty. If that is what's stamped on the endblock, then that might indicate when the neck assembly was completed, and NOT when the guitar itself was put together. As likely, it was neck #1192 from 1993, but even that is a mere guess.
M1SDL; XB-400 (natural), XB-400 (burg), XB-500 (teal); X-10, X-33; D46CESP, WCSD30SCE; BT-3, BT-4, BT-6, JB-80; WS-4; WI-66V; Lyon LCT24; OS Autoharps

resident troublemaker: http://cheapguitars.boards.net/