Username: Password:

Author Topic: Washburn ab20 flea market project  (Read 485 times)

Offline Acp380

• View Profile
Washburn ab20 flea market project
« on: April 25, 2018, 10:37:35 AM »
Hello everyone,

This is my first post here. A few years ago I found a couple broken guitars at a flea market for $20 a piece. One  cheap fender acoustic with the headstock broken off and this stripped down washburn ab20. I glued the headstock back on the other one and sold it for $40.last I heard it's still playing. Finally I'm ready to get this bass back playing. I'm going to keep this one. When I got it home I realized why it was stripped down. The fretboard was separated from the neck from the nut to about the 3rd or 4th fret. So the guitar needs the fretboard removed and glued back on, tuners, a bridge saddle, and all new electronics. I plan on going with artec electronics because they are affordable. Also got a saddle blank that I need to shape. I  need advice on doing this so I don't mess up the intonation. I've already removed the fretboard with a clothes iron. It went surprisingly well. But it wasn't easy. Before removing it I removed 2 frets, one on each end, in order to drill indexing holes for when I glue it back up I can use pins to align it. Once I'm sure of the repair then I'll start ordering the parts I need.

P.s. I was going to add pictures but I can't seem to figure it out.

Offline YerDugliness

• Pearl, TX jams at: www.pearlbluegrass.com/
    • View Profile
Re: Washburn ab20 flea market project
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2018, 11:07:35 AM »
Here's a tutorial on posting photos, hope it helps!

http://forums.washburn.com/index.php/topic,21807.0.html

Cheers!

Dugly 8)
YerDugliness,Esq./Post No Bills
Guitar Playin' FOOL, attempting to age disgracefully!
Washburns:WD32SW,D61SW,D62SW,C124SWK,
WMJ21S(2),WGO26SCE,WSJ60SKELITE,WG26S (2).
Other fine acoustics:Breedlove custom shop 000,Hippner #506 Hauser,Takamini 2005 LTD,Epi Masterbilt AJ500RC

Offline Acp380

• View Profile
Re: Washburn ab20 flea market project
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2018, 11:37:52 AM »
Thanks! It's an 89 model.

image share

photo storage