Username: Password:

Author Topic: Identify if possible..  (Read 179 times)

Offline Fraiture

• View Profile
Identify if possible..
« on: May 11, 2018, 09:49:36 AM »
Not familiar enough with Washburn guitars to figure out the exact make of this guitar. The guitar is the same in the picture and video. I feel like its a D12 CE but what do I know..Please let me know if you have any idea.

http://pinback.s9.xrea.com/images/rob/rob_02.jpg   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPYW7ZJ9b1A

Offline YerDugliness

• Pearl, TX jams at: www.pearlbluegrass.com/
    • View Profile
Re: Identify if possible..
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2018, 10:05:22 AM »
Well, it's a Washburn dreadnought guitar, has a V-head. It looks very much like some of the Yamaki made guitars from Japan, which were quite well made and good sounding instruments.

There ought to be some sort of model and serial number information on a label inside the body, you should be able to see it through the sound hole. All of my Washburns have one and that's where the model number can be found.

If it's gone (and I guess there must be a lot of people take them out for some reason), you can look into the body of the guitar through the soundhole and if you look up where the neck joins the body there should be a "block" glued inside the body (called a "neck block")...most likely that block of wood will have a model number and/or serial number on it.

Keep your fingers crossed you got a Yamaki-made Washburn...but even if you just got a baseline D10S then you'd be lucky. It was one of Washburn's most popular instruments for good reason...solid wood spruce top over laminated mahogany sides and back. They sold like hotcakes and there are a lot of them out there.

Cheers!

Dugly 8)

YerDugliness,Esq./Post No Bills
Guitar Playin' FOOL, attempting to age disgracefully!
Washburns:WD32SW,D61SW,D62SW,C124SWK,
WMJ21S(2),WGO26SCE,WSJ60SKELITE,WG26S (2).
Other fine acoustics:Breedlove custom shop 000,Hippner #506 Hauser,Takamini 2005 LTD,Epi Masterbilt AJ500RC