Username: Password:

Author Topic: Info on HG75SEG-0  (Read 447 times)

Offline rfuuff

• View Profile
Info on HG75SEG-0
« on: May 25, 2018, 04:08:38 PM »
Can anyone tell me exactly what this guitar is and what it's worth.  I found one at Guitar Center, but I don't want to overpay for it.  I can't find any information on it anywhere.   

Offline Tony Raven

• View Profile
Re: Info on HG75SEG-0
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2018, 12:50:09 AM »
Sorry, I'm not familiar with the model. From "HG" I can only guess it's a Grand Auditorium size in the Heritage series.

I wonder if you've got the model number right. Washburn does mostly indicate value by the digits, but unless the one you're looking at shows a lot of detail (binding, inlays) or quality woods, I suspect it's more a "7.5" than a "75" (like the D100, which is a D10).

You say nothing about the price. It's difficult to set a value for a short-lived model, especially one that's fairly recent.

If you need an acoustic guitar, & you like it, & it sounds good & plays good, then you probably ought to consider buying it. Waving cash might be a good way to bargain the price down a little, especially if it's been hanging there for months with no interest.

Twenty years ago, I paid $250 for my plywood Alvarez. Still my main acoustic. So I'd have to say that if the HG is in the $250 range, then buy it. If it's in the $500 range, or if you're not excited about playing it, then you could walk away.

If your main intent is to sell it for a profit, then enjoy the gamble.
M1SDL; XB-400 (natural), XB-400 (burg), XB-500 (teal); X-10, X-33; D46CESP, WCSD30SCE; BT-3, BT-4, BT-6, JB-80; WS-4; WI-66V; Lyon LCT24; OS Autoharps

resident troublemaker: http://cheapguitars.boards.net/

Offline rfuuff

• View Profile
Re: Info on HG75SEG-0
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2018, 02:32:55 PM »
Thanks for the feedback.  Yes, the model number is right. I've searched everywhere on the internet and tried all possible combinations....tried the "S" as a "5".  Tried both zero and "O" for that last digit.  They were advertising it as a Grand Auditorium.  They want $380 for it.  It's really nice.  It's very well made. It's got a built in tuner + electronics.  It's got abalone inlay around the edge.  I'd hate to commit to buy and see it for sale for $100 cheaper.  I'm not buying it as an investment to resell.  I'd be buying it to play it; but I don't have much money and I'd like to be able to get my money back for it in an emergency.  It seems so strange not to see anything about it on the internet.....including the Washburn website.