Username: Password:

Author Topic: Washburn WM-200  (Read 679 times)

Offline bigcity2

• View Profile
Washburn WM-200
« on: May 28, 2018, 04:59:11 AM »

Anyone have pictures of their WM series guitar to share?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 04:30:09 AM by bigcity2 »

Offline Dummy001

• View Profile
Re: Washburn WM-200
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2018, 07:41:18 AM »
I don't have any pictures, but have a '98 WM-200. What is the difference between to WMP and WM-200? Mine looks almost identical to the WMP shown. Except mine has no red in the sunburst. Just brown. Best looking burst I've seen, in my opinion. And thanks for your service.

Offline scotto10

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2018, 06:27:30 PM »
As a matter of a fact, I do.

WM200
This is basically N.O.S. I bought it used from a Guitar Center that had about four USA WM's that were all dead mint. My guess is that someone sold them all at once to the GC. I got this one, a friend of mine, Sonny, got another and there was another one or two left but are long gone.

WM100
Got this sight unseen delivered from a Guitar Center in Pennsylvania many years ago. It was a bit dried out and needed some work. I brought it to Keirn Hilleary of, at the time, Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center, but now he runs his own shop name Lucky Pick Guitars. Not only did he bring it back to life but I think he made it better than new. He does amazing work at very reasonable prices.

JB100 Midi
Ok, maybe not technically a WM but c'mon, look at it. It's a WM with an artists name on it (and lot of extra goodies too).

JB100 (non-midi)
I got this one recently. Another amazing top on this - just spectacular artwork. Washburn rivaled (no, bettered, in my opinion) most the other boutique builders like PRS, Suhr and Andersen during this time period [1994-2008]. The craftsmanship was unparalleled.
As a bonus, the third pic is of it and it's sister, the XB925 bass. I got both of these from the same place at the same time. A music store in California that was closing/retiring so they sold these to me. They are ACTUAL N.O.S. guitars. Another purchase sight unseen but not at all disappointed in.

I had this WM4 at one point but sold it. It was a break/repair (before I got it) but was still 10/10 in playability and structural integrity. I just didn't need two of basically the same thing. Looking back at it now though, the top on this WM4 seemed to pop out more than on my WM100. Oh well.

Washburn WM-100
Washburn WM-200
Washburn MG-113
Washburn USA Idol White
Washburn USA Idol flame
Washburn Pilsen Idol
Washburn Silverado
Washburn JB100
Washburn JB100 midi
Washburn RW300
Washburn XB900
Washburn XB905
Washburn X40 Pro black/Aqua/blue
Washburn X50 ProQ
..and LOTS more imports too

Offline bigcity2

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2018, 03:20:38 PM »
Very nice collection of Washburn guitars, scotto10 ! Thanks for sharing pictures and info on each.