Username: Password:

Author Topic: MG series guitars  (Read 358 times)

Offline bigcity2

• View Profile
MG series guitars
« on: June 27, 2018, 06:50:52 PM »
Post pictures of your MG here....

Offline bigcity2

• View Profile
Re: MG series guitars
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2018, 06:52:15 PM »

Offline scotto10

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2018, 07:41:16 PM »
Got a couple to show.

MG113 Performer
This is the one that Jennifer Batten used when she first switched over from Ibanez to Washburn as she toured with Micheal Jackson. It is a HELL of a solid guitar. The neck is one of the most smooth comfortable necks ever. Nice and thin - unlike all other necks that were coming out of Grover Jackson's workshop at the time. I believe the swamp ash body is a one piece-er too.
Signatures (autographs) on the head stock are non-other than Jennifer Batten herself, as well as Uli Jon Roth & Andy Timmons that I got after a show in Florida.

MG701
This is my mystery guitar. Everyone has one and this one is mine. Nothing special about the way it plays, how it looks, or the neck profile or anything else. I just bought it because I was curious - possibly intending to sell it after trying it out. When I plugged it in, I couldn't believe the sound coming out of this guitar - the humbucker anyway. It was astounding. I had to know what pickup it was so I pulled it to see what maker & model I was going to buy for all my guitars but behold - what did I see? Nothing! There are no markings on it and had absolutely no clues as to what it could be. Basically it is a generic no-name pickup. That said, this may be the best sounding guitar out of all of my guitars - and I have some MASSIVE guitars. I guess the stars and planets lined up at that one specific point in the time-space continuum to make it.... magical. At times, I thought about selling all of my non-USA made guitars but this was never on the chopping block.

MG74
Nothing too special. Doesn't mean a lot to me. In fact I have lackadaisically tried to sell this for quite some time but no hits - at all. Anyone?
I had the fret board redone at Tuki Guitars in Bangkok, Thailand. Did a damn good job on it.

MG401 Deluxe
This one I no longer have. It's floating around somewhere in the U.K. now. On occasion I get a little sentimental and wonder why I sold it

Silverado LS-93
Technically not an MG but - same head stock, same year, so what the hell.
This is a heart breaker. The guy I bought it from claimed it was only played about less than a dozen times. I believe him too as it is in dead mint condition. It has an un-broken in but still very smooth silky neck. I bought it sight unseen (in person, anyway) hoping the photo wasn't quite right but when I got it, it was just like in the photos on the site - almost black. You can see from the areas around the trem cavity on the back the gorgeous blue color it "should" have been. Not sure how something in storage all those years can darken so much. Oh well, it is still an excellent guitar and probably made better than many/most Fender USA Strats.
The neck on this one is, unlike the MG113 above, a Jackson preferred fatty. Not unwieldy fat and actually quite fast and comfortable but definitely not made specifically for shredding.

Washburn WM-100
Washburn WM-200
Washburn MG-113
Washburn USA Idol White
Washburn USA Idol flame
Washburn Pilsen Idol
Washburn Silverado
Washburn JB100
Washburn JB100 midi
Washburn RW300
Washburn XB900
Washburn XB905
Washburn X40 Pro black/Aqua/blue
Washburn X50 ProQ
..and LOTS more imports too

Offline bigcity2

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2018, 03:34:53 PM »
Good looking Washburns, scotto10 !  Thanks for sharing...