Username: Password:

Author Topic: 1980 Washburn acoustic D15M  (Read 780 times)

Offline pegradz

• View Profile
1980 Washburn acoustic D15M
« on: July 03, 2018, 11:05:12 AM »
I have a Washburn guitar purchased in 1980 that I would like to sell.  It was only used 2 years in all that time.  It is is very good condition.  I have the receipt from when I bought it.  The model is "D15M" and there is a serial number also.  I still have the "Washburn Limited Lifetime Warranty" card too, that lists the model and serial number.  I have looked and looked to find information on what it is worth, but have had no luck.  I thought I would ask you!  Anyone have any idea what it is worth?  Thanks in advance!

Offline BrianLowe

• View Profile
Re: 1980 Washburn acoustic D15M
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2018, 02:59:26 AM »
I have a Washburn guitar purchased in 1980 that I would like to sell.  It was only used 2 years in all that time.  It is is very good condition.  I have the receipt from when I bought it.  The model is "D15M" and there is a serial number also.  I still have the "Washburn Limited Lifetime Warranty" card too, that lists the model and serial number.  I have looked and looked to find information on what it is worth, but have had no luck.  I thought I would ask you!  Anyone have any idea what it is worth?  Thanks in advance!
I also own a few of these but i never go around selling them because they are priceless to me but i can ask a buddy of mine and private message you later or update the thread.

Regards,
Shane

Offline Tony Raven

• View Profile
Re: 1980 Washburn acoustic D15M
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2019, 02:21:38 PM »
Well, the "value" question can be difficult -- see http://forums.washburn.com/index.php/topic,26499.msg157631.html#msg157631 for details.

If I were to go just by the Blue Book, I'd say a D-15M has a value of about $200. Given the age & provenance, you might get up to $300 selling one-to-one.

Since it hasn't been played much, the tone might come across as "stiff" to an experienced player, & this is more significant in a laminate-top guitar like yours. Given the guitar's age, that stiffness is likely permanent. Fortunately, there are younger players who seem to like that sound, having grown up being inundated by the stiffness characteristic of piezo pickups.
M1SDL; XB-400 (natural), XB-400 (burg), XB-500 (teal); X-10, X-33; D46CESP, WCSD30SCE; BT-3, BT-4, BT-6, JB-80; WS-4; WI-66V; Lyon LCT24; OS Autoharps

resident troublemaker: http://cheapguitars.boards.net/