Username: Password:

Author Topic: A20V Wonderbar parts needed  (Read 446 times)

Offline Cofaler

• View Profile
A20V Wonderbar parts needed
« on: July 05, 2018, 03:37:49 PM »
I have an '80s A20V BBR with the Wonderbar bridge that is missing one of the knurled fine-tuning nuts at the rear of the bridge. Does anyone have one? Even knowing the thread pitch would be a huge help if someone knew that.
Thanks,

Offline Cofaler

• View Profile
Re: A20V Wonderbar parts needed
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2018, 08:29:11 AM »
Information below is incorrect, once I tapped the nut all the way through it would still only screw a couple turns so I'm back to square 1. It must be metric thread, I''l repost when I figure it out.

OK, the threads on the fine adjustment knobs are with an outside thread diameter of  on the bolt itself. The closest thing I've found is in the link below for about $8 plus shipping, which was more than the cost of the nut. I got the part in the mail yesterday and it's aluminum, not steel, it's a little shorter than the nuts on my bridge, but it screws right on. The threads don't go all the way through so I will either drill it out and tap it all the way through or buy a a piece of material with about the same outer dimensions and retap it. Taps can be found on line, the first one I ran across was from a knife-making supply house for about $20 which I think is pricey for one tap, but I saw them for about $30 as well.

https://www.thorlabs.com/thorproduct.cfm?partnumber=F6SSK1

There may be other sources, the firearm industry comes to mind. I haven't asked my gunsmith/machinist buddy yet, for all I know he has a drawer full in his shop.

The guitar I got is 100% complete and original except for this nut, and I got it for $50 with OHSC. Everything works as it should and it's fairly clean.

I ordered the nut blind from Thorlabs hoping it would work, after rummaging around the bins of local hardware stores I had a pretty good idea what size it was. If you have this bridge, DON'T loose the nuts. If you have an extra one, please send it to me ;D. There's a guy trying to sell a Wonderbar bridge still in the package for $300 on Denver CL, and I don't think I've seen that bridge for anywhere under$100 on line.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 01:36:16 PM by Cofaler »