Username: Password:

Author Topic: A20V Wonderbar parts needed  (Read 71 times)

Offline Cofaler

• View Profile
A20V Wonderbar parts needed
« on: July 05, 2018, 03:37:49 PM »
I have an '80s A20V BBR with the Wonderbar bridge that is missing one of the knurled fine-tuning nuts at the rear of the bridge. Does anyone have one? Even knowing the thread pitch would be a huge help if someone knew that.
Thanks,

Offline Cofaler

• View Profile
Re: A20V Wonderbar parts needed
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2018, 08:29:11 AM »
OK, the threads on the fine adjustment knobs are #6-80 tpi with an outside thread diameter of .137" on the bolt itself. The closest thing I've found is in the link below for about $8 plus shipping, which was more than the cost of the nut. I got the part in the mail yesterday and it's aluminum, not steel, it's a little shorter than the nuts on my bridge, but it screws right on. The threads don't go all the way through so I will either drill it out and tap it all the way through or buy a a piece of material with about the same outer dimensions and retap it to #6-80. Taps can be found on line, the first one I ran across was from a knife-making supply house for about $20 which I think is pricey for one tap, but I saw them for about $30 as well.

https://www.thorlabs.com/thorproduct.cfm?partnumber=F6SSK1

There may be other sources, the firearm industry comes to mind. I haven't asked my gunsmith/machinist buddy yet, for all I know he has a drawer full in his shop.

The guitar I got is 100% complete and original except for this nut, and I got it for $50 with OHSC. Everything works as it should and it's fairly clean.

I ordered the nut blind from Thorlabs hoping it would work, after rummaging around the bins of local hardware stores I had a pretty good idea what size it was. If you have this bridge, DON'T loose the nuts. If you have an extra one, please send it to me ;D. There's a guy trying to sell a Wonderbar bridge still in the package for $300 on Denver CL, and I don't think I've seen that bridge for anywhere under$100 on line.