Username: Password:

Author Topic: Help with info on this Washburn Monterey?  (Read 4994 times)

Offline Will Howard Wendland

• View Profile
Help with info on this Washburn Monterey?
« on: August 27, 2018, 10:54:02 AM »
Hey folks,

I recently purchased a Washburn guitar on reverb.com, and I was wondering if any of you might know a little bit more about it than I do. It's a beautiful guitar and is in excellent shape, but I would like to know more about the guitar and its history. It was listed as a "1980s Washburn Monterey Artist" but that's about the only description there was. I'm going to try to include some pictures on this post to help with identification. I don't have the guitar in my possession yet, but the seller told me that the serial number was #90210...

When I was first learning to play guitar, I saw a guy at a small local fall barn party playing one of these guitars and immediately fell in love with the looks and sound of it. It's taken me 4 years to finally find one, and I'm glad I was finally able to. I'd love any information that any of you may have on this guitar!

« Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 02:15:46 PM by Will Howard Wendland »

Offline MoNica

• View Profile
Re: Help with info on this Washburn Monterey?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2018, 05:41:59 AM »
So beautiful

Offline mudbone

• View Profile
Re: Help with info on this Washburn Monterey?
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2018, 11:08:17 AM »
I've had an EA-48 for years, an early model with the Barcus Berry passive bridge pick-up.  Often referred to as the Mac Davis or Juice Newton model.  Not many around. As I finally contacted Wasburn in Buffalo Grove, come to find they have very little info on it also.  Appears to be one of the import models that were held in high regard.