Username: Password:

Author Topic: Been given my dad's old washburn, but I can't find another matching colour?  (Read 95 times)

Offline ChemicalFlood

• View Profile
Inherited early my dad's old guitar as he never has time to play and he told me he never had time to play it, apparently it's quite rare so I started to search around but I can't find a mwtch.

It's a Washburn maverick bt-4  in Metallic black (mint condition by the way)

I can only mind bt-6's. In the same colour?

Is there a place I can type the S/N number in etc and see it's info?

Offline Tony Raven

• View Profile
Re: Been given my dad's old washburn, but I can't find another matching colour?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2018, 03:09:27 AM »
Is there a place I can type the S/N number in etc and see it's info?
No; few serial numbers work that way. Yours probably begins with "I-" which likely means Indonesia so probably Cort manufacture. The next digit is probably the last digit of its manufacture year; the two after that might be the month; the last four digits indicate how many Washburn guitars (of various series) had been completed at that point in that month, the actual "serial number."

It's a Washburn maverick bt-4  in Metallic black (mint condition by the way)
I can only mind bt-6's. In the same colour?
The pricelists indicate that in 1998 the BT-6 was available in Metalflake Black (MFB). Does the paint actually have metallic glitter in it?

apparently it's quite rare

Washburn has many oddities, almost all of which have little added value because there's so little market demand.

The BT-2 and BT-4 are -- by far! -- the most common Mavericks, and can readily be found for less than $100, sometimes less than $50.

They are very good instruments, and moreso at that price. As my signature line (below) indicates, I own three, or four if you count the JB-80.
M1SDL; XB-400 (natural), XB-400 (burg), XB-500 (teal); X-10, X-33; D46CESP, WCSD30SCE; BT-3, BT-4, BT-6, JB-80; WS-4; WI-66V; Lyon LCT24; OS Autoharps

resident troublemaker: http://cheapguitars.boards.net/